In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Hey all, so I have a 17 Silverado 5.3. 
33000km 

was driving around yesterday.   Truck was at operating temp and trans temp was at 76  so all was good. 

it was driving fine, then I got home. And backed into my driveway.  Parked emptied groceries yadda yadda.  5 minutes later realized I had to pull in. Got in, and did just that.   Then 5 minutes later had to run to corner store.  This is when the truck started rough and check engine light started blinking and it was like I had no power.    ( and when I say rough, it was god awful. Like bucking and lurching) Turned around a parked it.  2 hours later drove it 40km and not an issue.   Next morning drive to and from work (7km each way) no issue. 

some say it can be the anti theft , or dirty injectors or worse clips or plugs.     Trucks only got 33k 

help?!

Edited by KDP85

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Jerome Leberer
      Hey guys and gals,

Long time creeper, first time poster. I currently have a 2011 silverado 1500, with 163,622 miles on it. It's a 5.3 vortec engine. It smokes from the exhaust a light blue exhaust that's mixed with a grey/white exhaust. It stops smoking after roughly 10 seconds of running. Haven't noticed it while driving. It also doesn't smoke every start-up. It rough idles when in park. I replaced the plugs and wires a couple weeks ago, and I started misfiring on cylinder 8 after the change, before the change it was cylinder 5. The only codes it's thrown is for the misfiring. I also pulled plug 8 after the codes to check it and found oil on it. I did a combustion gas leak test and the liquid stayed the same color (blue). I'm starting to lose my mind. Any thoughts, suggestions to try? Also, as of now....I've noticed no loss in power at the moment.
    • By Leslie Politron
      Hi. I bought a new 2021 AT4 March 5. 20 miles on it. Drove home from the dealer (4 miles) and the next time I turned it on, CEL and OnStar diagnostics emails me to take it to the service department. They say they reset MAP sensor and send me on my way. Later that day, same thing happens. I take it back in, they say MAP sensory needs replacing. They had it almost 2 weeks waiting on the part. After they replaced it, everything went fine for about 1200 miles and then I get blinking CEL for about 30 seconds then it stops. Next day, blinking CEL for a minute or so, and then it turns solid. I took it back to the dealer and they say the only code pulled was P0300 misfire. They have no idea what’s causing it, and quite frankly I’m pretty fed up at this point. They’ve had my new truck longer than I have in the month I’ve owned it. Has anyone had something similar happen?

• By Ryan Forth
      First time posting but have searched the forums for years and have always found what I needed. Well this time I'm stumped, so I have a 1994 gmc k1500 pickup with a rebuilt 350 tbi bored .030 out with a stage 2 cam and long tube headers. (About 4000 miles on engine.) new distributor, plugs, wires, vss, 

So here's what's going on, the speedometer jumps around super erratically but when I turn the heater on it seems to change how much the speedo jumps around. If its on high it jumps around the least. Low or off its just bouncing off 85mph like bouncing to the point I can hear it slamming into whatever stops the needle from going any further. When I turn the turn signal on left it makes the radio light dim with each flash. The odometer turns constantly when while sitting in park. I have replaced the vss at the very end of the trans where the rear drive shift meets. I was drive the other day and the truck just didn't want to move seemed like it was just constantly back firing or misfiring. I have been trying to check all the engine grounds but not sure what all needs to be grounded. Any info/advice would be greatly appreciated. 
    • By John MacMoyle
      So I am at a loss here. I have had an issue with my 2012 Silverado 1500 LT where cylinder 1 eats spark plugs for whatever reason. No big deal I just keep a spare and swap them when I need. That’s happened 3 times since I’ve owned it. The other day I am on the highway running probably 75 when it started running rough, tapping and the check light started flashing. The tapping was like a pen on a desk not a knock.  I pulled right off and checked the oil and no. 1 plug. Oil was a lil low and I swapped the plug but the problem persisted. I drove it another 15 miles doing 55 and the light changed to solid and the misfires and tapping went away. I still have a light on solid reading the codes p0300, p0466, and p0300. I am inclined to change plugs and wires along with an oil change. I still have oil life left and is full synthetic and I did plugs and wires a few years ago. Has anyone had similar experiences?
    • By SierraNoob
      I have a 2020 gmc sierra sle 5.3, I bought it may 13th. Starting at about 800 miles check engine light would flash for a minute or two and then go off, this occured every 300 miles until I got in one day around 1500 or 1600. Check engine light stayed on. Called the dealership and took it in was throwing misfire codes, the diagnosed it as fuel pump module reset the codes and ordered the part and sent me on my way. Come back in and had it replaced when the part arrived, well now fast forward to a tank and a half later and now the check engine light is on for the evap system/gas cap, and fuel pressure at 2200 miles. Right at a week from the time it come out of the shop. I've been extremely happy with the truck but I can't believe I'm going to have to find time to get it in the shop to be looked at and fixed again. I'm at wits end already. Anyone else having these issues?