Trailer TPMS Sensor Alternative

I was looking for an alterative to the over priced trailer tpms sensors and found out that they appear to be the same sensors that the 2021 Camaro and Corvette use.  I ran across them on shopchevyparts.  According to the pictures the sensors have the same manufacturer model number ANATEL 015-16-8001, but they are $30 a piece there.  They do not come with the nuts so that is another $3.75 per sensor.  I do not know much about these, so please double check this information if you are going to order some.  I also do not know if there is any programming that is different that would prevent these from working, or if the valve stems are different.  I just noticed the same model number.

Good info.  It makes sense that more than one GM vehicle would use the same sensors.  Too late for me though, I already made the purchase for my trailer.  I hope they work out for others.

• 1 year later...
13 hours ago, crspangenberg said:

Reviving this old thread, is there an aftermarket more cost effective solution to the GM Trailer TPMS #86803857 package for the 2022 Sierra?

I need four and think the $150 per pair is a bit ridiculous.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134420210986?hash=item1f4c11a52a:g:zg8AAOSwmeJjcYQh&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoE94HWq%2FBq6Zpbn9dWT3DWQSv1gOSLl93gANV%2Bmtg7slyigREGEEfOpNowgjE5sBt8bfMJz2tF5EX%2BDVDNdUjZS4XV%2F2bngUvtcgk8W87uc5MO1ablhajDYpammxBFFaBirKieDLMCek%2Bv3BmGgVTkQOaYgvfpjL%2Bjl1vppDgjupIEHvhewE6HBOsusXzRxmSb0838HLzFZgDKhwGNJKB%2B4%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR_zDw_K8YQ

12 hours ago, Jettech1 said:

This is the system I'm going to buy for our camper.  It's not cheap but gets a ton of good ratings.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078TNXBXB/?coliid=I3BXSNE5PMIY0N&colid=1M5R1MGN1XZF7&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

That looks like a great system. I am just trying to use the onboard tools to keep another piece of technology off my dash, and work towards a factory approach.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you go aftermarket be sure to avoid the Lippert Tire linc setup. Its a complete turd, from the electronics to the hardware. Mine came free with our trailer and its sitting in a box on the shelf because its just junk. 

On 2/8/2023 at 8:44 AM, 64BAwagon said:

If you go aftermarket be sure to avoid the Lippert Tire linc setup. Its a complete turd, from the electronics to the hardware. Mine came free with our trailer and its sitting in a box on the shelf because its just junk. 

Our Grand Design came with the pre-wired Lippert system.  I did some research and you are right, it is junk.  So the TST 507 that we just bought, I going to replace the repeater system of the lippert system in the pass through with the TST repeater system.  I'm thinking it should be a quick and easy replacement.  And that never goes well for me lol....anyhow that's the plan.

• Like 1