Anyone else having trouble finding the PF63E oil filter?

Apparently they are no longer making the pf63e, It's now designated pf63. The problem with this is that there's already a pf63 oil filter. So... If you do buy pf63's make sure they're recently manufactured because the old pf63 has a different bypass pressure then the pf63e.

Hope that makes sense. If not there's a thread in the last gen forum about this.

37 minutes ago, Steve-2019 said:

@MmichLakes Currently this morning, they are available on Amazon. 😉

Ordered some 63E’s from Amazon before I did Rock Auto. When the arrived the were 63’s not 63E.  Plus they were in open cartons with Chinese writing on them. Boxed them up and sent them back. 

The dealer said they had PF63F not E and that that meant fleet, no box, claiming it was the same.  I found the non -E PF63 at Walmart but it is very confusing because in the past the E had a different bypass pressure rating and some GM bulletins indicated the old non-E version could let more oil bypass it unfiltered.

Anyone compared the internals?  Is it easy to see the black plastic inside if they ordinary PF63 has actually turned into the PF63E without the E ?

Edited by MichLakes

I found this:  https://gmserviceinsights.com/new-acdelco-oil-filters-deliver-enhanced-performance/

Anyone have anything else on this?

It looks like the PF63E is changing to just the PF63 as mentioned but with the 12707246 actual GM part number.  The old PF63 with the lower pressure bypass with bulletins saying not to use had a different 8 digit production part #.  

Sure gives your confidence in the manufacturer doesn't it.  

Edited by MichLakes
  • Like 1

Happened to notice new PF63 boxes at the local Walmart this morning.  Opened the box to find an ecore, so I assume I had my hands on one of the new ones.  Didn't notice that it was made in China.  With this turn of events I'll be using Wix WL10255's or the NAPA Gold alternative.  

WIX WL10255

They are still E-Core design but E core 2nd gen, they dropped the E on the label on the latest new package filters.  My boxes of bulk ones at work say "Product of USA" on it.

You can use 12707246 for individual boxed, 19419333 box of 6 or 19419227 for a bulk pack of 12.  Dealers 99% stock the 19419227 bulk packs so if you got one filter it would be just loose no box.

Here's the new labels on the filters:

IMG_0632.jpg

Edited by newdude
  • Like 2