Lifter issue: TSB PIP5776E - published June 18

5 minutes ago, bigbulls said:

Sorry it took so long my contact was on vacation. Your engine was built in Spring Hill Tennessee.

Thanks Firehawk99 I just crawled under and took a picture of my Julian tag and it starts with N and I was going to ask the same question. May 12th 2021 for me and Vin build date is 6/21 so it looks like it's running about 3 weeks to a month difference from engine build to truck build. Thanks again for all your info.

Anytime! Happy to help out.

• Like 1

Back in the shop, after all lifters and a bent pushrod were replaced I picked it up and started shaking badly at about 40 mph and on light acceleration or when coasting. Was able to get it home, called my local dealer who said no appointments until 9/20 or drop it off and they will get to it when they do. Continued driving it as it wasn't horrible and no check engine light until I started smelling burning oil. Look under the hood and see oil pooling on the the intake manifold dripping down onto the exhaust manifold. Didn't have a choice but to drop it off at the point. Now waiting 5 days as it's a holiday weekend to be looked at without a loaner.  Take as long as you want to repair it, once it reaches a total of 30 days I will get and attorney and proceed with lemon law. GM is useless and their " senior rep" never picks up her phone. Horrible customer service. 

On 8/5/2021 at 12:31 PM, Firehawk99 said:

Any trucks built after 3-4-21 should be fine. That is the break point.

On 8/5/2021 at 1:26 PM, Firehawk99 said:

I work for GM at the Tonawanda engine plant. We build the 4.3, 5.3, 6.2 and the 6.6.

can you confirm is this the lifter sound of a possible issue?  This is on a 2021 Tahoe with the 5.3

https://youtu.be/4XMoY7Y1e1k

• 1 month later...