The transmission went out last November in my 98 k1500. I started it up a few times afterwards ( over the coarse of a month or so ) with the transmission still out. I have let it sit since then . I am fixing to get the transmission rebuilt and get it back on the road , but for some reason the Anti theft or “passlock” system has activated . It won’t let me do the “relearn procedure” either . I have no idea why it has activated and don’t have the money to by a new bcm or ecm. Can someone explain why it activated ?

your passlock is bad , you need to buy a new passlock module, it is located  in the dash right below either cubby hole or cd player whichever you have, to get to it you must remove kick panel and ash tray assembly and reach in and to the left of ash tray hole, unplug it first then pop it out , they dont make new ones but you can get a reman out of St. Louis , Mo, but you need to get old one out first as you need serial number on old one