Leveling AT4 so many choices...

Im looking to level my 2021 AT4 1500. I have done a lot of reading and have seen kits that range from 1" to 2". I have boiled down to the following choices:

1. Fabtech Dirt Logic 1.5 Coilovers + UCA
  2. Fabtech 1.5 Spacers + UCA
  3. Readylift SST 2" (Really hate that I cant use 4 Auto)
  4. Rough Country 2"

Is there a strongly recommended level kit? So confusing with all of the options. I came from a Ram 2500 with a Carli setup.  If all else fails Im just going with the RC 4" lift kit that I had on my wife's 2019 Silverado. 

4 hours ago, derichio02 said:

Im looking to level my 2021 AT4 1500. I have done a lot of reading and have seen kits that range from 1" to 2". I have boiled down to the following choices:

1. Fabtech Dirt Logic 1.5 Coilovers + UCA
  2. Fabtech 1.5 Spacers + UCA
  3. Readylift SST 2" (Really hate that I cant use 4 Auto)
  4. Rough Country 2"

Is there a strongly recommended level kit? So confusing with all of the options. I came from a Ram 2500 with a Carli setup.  If all else fails Im just going with the RC 4" lift kit that I had on my wife's 2019 Silverado. 

Man I’m the same way. I’ve read almost to much and it’s confusing. I’m pretty sure I’m going with the 2” RC leveling kit for the AT4.  I talked with someone from RC and they designed their kit so you don’t have to change the UCAs. I talked to a local shop and they said the same thing and said they’ve had no problems.

On my 2021 1500 AT4 I went with the bilstein front strut/coil kit. Put the circlip in the number 3 spot on the bilstein strut which brought the front up 1.2" ....leveled it almost perfect. With this kit i was able to get a huge upgrade on front struts to get rid of those junk stock Ranchos,  and it leveled the truck off without any need for UCA swapout and no clearance issues. Also,  i highly recommend a set of the bilstein rear shocks to.....night and day difference over the Ranchos, gets rid of the bouncing and hopping in the back end. Here is a pic of the truck and the bilstein part numbers, I confirmed everything with bilstein tech support before ordering. Whatever level you decide be sure to get a front end aligment as soon as possible after installing it. 

20210702_155026.jpg

Screenshot_20210723-072123_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210723-072148_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Liquid Plumber AT4
Word correction
  • Thanks 1

See everyone says the shocks are junk, but my 2021 rides very well. At least way better than my 15 model. So I happy with the ride quality. 

Also 1.2” wouldn’t be enough lift for me. It’s at least 2” to level mine out. That’s why the 1.5 and 1.75 kits won’t work for me and they require UCA swaps unlike RC.

14 minutes ago, JT2000 said:

See everyone says the shocks are junk, but my 2021 rides very well. At least way better than my 15 model. So I happy with the ride quality. 

Also 1.2” wouldn’t be enough lift for me. It’s at least 2” to level mine out. That’s why the 1.5 and 1.75 kits won’t work for me and they require UCA swaps unlike RC.

Once you go from Ranchos to bilsteins you will also be saying the stock rancho suspension was junk.....night and day difference. Mine was only 1.5" off so I settled for the 1.2" level with the bilstein kit to get the better ride and the level. But each At4 is different,  some guys are saying there off by 1.5" and others 2" and over. You will really like the new stance look with that 2" level kit and not having to replace the UPA is key, anything over 2" and your gonna be blowing thru front end parts. Good luck with the install and post a picture after...id be curious to see what that kit looks like leveled, i considered that same kit also. 

Edited by Liquid Plumber AT4
Misspell

3 minutes ago, Liquid Plumber AT4 said:

Once you go from Ranchos to bilsteins you will also be saying the stock rancho suspension was junk.....night and day difference. Mine was only 1.5" off so I settled for the 1.2" level with the bilstein kit to get the better ride and the level. But each At4 is different,  some guys are saying there off by 1.5" and others 2" and over. You will really like the new stance look with that 2" level kit and not having to replace the UPA is key, anything over 2" and your gonna be blowing thru front end parts. Good luck with the install and post a picture after...id be curious to see what that kit looks like leveled, i considered that same kit also. 

Yeah I’ve never bought after market shocks so I really wouldn’t know. My 15 Sierra ride was terrible and bounced a lot. My wife commented all the time how rough it was. This truck is no where near that is only reason I’m happy. 

What’s a good setup run for those shocks you have? I haven’t got the level yet due to not knowing what to do yet. Pretty sure I’m going the 2” RC. My rake was a little over 2 give or take. I definitely don’t want the front higher than the back lol.

7 hours ago, JT2000 said:

Do you really not need new UCAs with the 2" RC kit? I see other kits at 1.5 and up that include or require new UCA's. If the UCA is not upgraded is it asking for trouble?

7 hours ago, Liquid Plumber AT4 said:

On my 2021 1500 AT4 I went with the bilstein front strut/coil kit. Put the circlip in the number 3 spot on the bilstein strut which brought the front up 1.2" ....leveled it almost perfect. With this kit i was able to get a huge upgrade on front struts to get rid of those junk stock Ranchos,  and it leveled the truck off without any need for UCA swapout and no clearance issues. Also,  i highly recommend a set of the bilstein rear shocks to.....night and day difference over the Ranchos, gets rid of the bouncing and hopping in the back end. Here is a pic of the truck and the bilstein part numbers, I confirmed everything with bilstein tech support before ordering. Whatever level you decide be sure to get a front end aligment as soon as possible after installing it. 

20210702_155026.jpg

Screenshot_20210723-072123_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210723-072148_Chrome.jpg

How are your UCA's with this kit? I see its only 1.2" difference so I expect your UCA and CV look good. What size tires, wheels, and offset do you have? Any rubbing?

Sorry for all of the questions

2 hours ago, derichio02 said:

Do you really not need new UCAs with the 2" RC kit? I see other kits at 1.5 and up that include or require new UCA's. If the UCA is not upgraded is it asking for trouble?

According to RC with the 2” you don’t need them. They said the AT4s are longer than normal and RC designed their kit to work with them. This is straight from RC. The local shop I’ve talked with said they’ve done plenty and have had no issues. 

2 hours ago, newdude said:

Whichever level you go with, GET NEW UCAs.  DO NOT use the stock ones again, you will hate yourself when the ball joint blows out maybe 10-15K after install.  

See that’s what I thought, but RCs level doesn’t need it and the shops have not had trouble. I asked RC why their kit was the only one and they stated it was in the design and install. I called RC direct is the only reason I know.

4 hours ago, derichio02 said:

How are your UCA's with this kit? I see its only 1.2" difference so I expect your UCA and CV look good. What size tires, wheels, and offset do you have? Any rubbing?

Sorry for all of the questions

The UCAs are fine.....asked bilstein tech support about that before doing them.

I want with fuel 20" wheels with +1 offset....tire is a toyo AT3 285/6020.

Just have a tiny slight rub on inside of front mud flap at full lock in reverse. But I have the bigger gmc accessorie ftont and rear mud flaps...i bet with the stock mud flaps there would be no rub at all. 

39 minutes ago, Liquid Plumber AT4 said:

The UCAs are fine.....asked bilstein tech support about that before doing them.

I want with fuel 20" wheels with +1 offset....tire is a toyo AT3 285/6020.

Just have a tiny slight rub on inside of front mud flap at full lock in reverse. But I have the bigger gmc accessorie ftont and rear mud flaps...i bet with the stock mud flaps there would be no rub at all. 

Thanks. Now just to find a place that has the 5100's in stock!