Leveling AT4 so many choices...

2 hours ago, JT2000 said:

I was told the UCAs on the AT4 are longer.

They UCAs the same TB or non TB.  The CV axles are different between the two.  

Edited by newdude

8 minutes ago, Gangly said:

With the AT4 I would recommend new UCA's if you are gonna do a spacer larger than 1.5" or a suspension increase of greater than 1.5".  Whether you do a spacer kit or a suspension alteration to get the additional 1.5" above the AT4 stock ride height is up to you.  I would suggest you think about your stock suspension and decide whether or not you like the stock ride characteristics or want something different.  If the stock ride is comfortable and to your liking, go with a spacer kit.  If you want a more controlled ride(less roll, bounce, and sway) go with an aftermarket suspension kit but understand that it will generally feel stiffer, or more "planted" like an HD truck but with much better manners.

Yeah I honestly like the ride in my truck a lot. I hated the way my 15 model rode though. Any particular spacer kit and arms you recommend? Also did you see the level kit thread I started about what my dealer said?

I wish I could, but I have no recommendation on a spacer or UCA kit as I have not installed a set on this truck.  As such, I have not researched the functionality or quality of any particular brand's UCA product.  I would recommend looking at finished product dimensions as certain UCA manufacturers give forewarnings as to what wheel dimensions(width and offset) can fit with their UCA's as well as what lift heights can be utilized with their UCA's.  I would hate to install an aftermarket set of UCA's only to find out I could no longer use the wheels I liked or operate my vehicle at the ride height I preferred.

42 minutes ago, Gangly said:

I wish I could, but I have no recommendation on a spacer or UCA kit as I have not installed a set on this truck.  As such, I have not researched the functionality or quality of any particular brand's UCA product.  I would recommend looking at finished product dimensions as certain UCA manufacturers give forewarnings as to what wheel dimensions(width and offset) can fit with their UCA's as well as what lift heights can be utilized with their UCA's.  I would hate to install an aftermarket set of UCA's only to find out I could no longer use the wheels I liked or operate my vehicle at the ride height I preferred.

Yeah I’ve looked at some and my tires wouldn’t work. I think I’m just going to let the dealer do it and see how it goes lol.

they work, ride is good and my wheels fit.....it just corrects angle and thats all you need, and for wheels to fit, almost any aftermarket arm is stronger than stock....

i do like i can replace ball joint easily dtl, 5 screws it pops out put a new one in and off you go.....dont have to take arm off truck.....otherwise you probably cant tell a difference between them aside from looks......if your pounding thru desert thats different animal altogether but am sure you wont or most anyone for that matter

4 minutes ago, Dunn said:

they work, ride is good and my wheels fit.....it just corrects angle and thats all you need, and for wheels to fit, almost any aftermarket arm is stronger than stock....

i do like i can replace ball joint easily dtl, 5 screws it pops out put a new one in and off you go.....dont have to take arm off truck.....otherwise you probably cant tell a difference between them aside from looks......if your pounding thru desert thats different animal altogether but am sure you wont or most anyone for that matter

Nice. Do you have the arms and their 1” level kit?

no, i have bilstein AT4 kit with eibach springs (instead of spacer to " push front end" up......sitting on base clip and 3" in front and 2" in rear....i have more clip posistions to higher in front if i want but i want lil bit of rake......think i could get 4.5" out of front but i dont have a drop kit for transfer case and you start getting into all kinds of issues if its not true lift kit at that height.....its good, rides perfect, have all my down travel and gained a bit total i believe.....i dont like spacers and i really dont like RC........lots of ways to achieve what you want......the eibach springs add height over stock springs, about an 1-1.25".......alternative to spacer and its better quality spring

Edited by Dunn

34 minutes ago, Dunn said:

no, i have bilstein AT4 kit with eibach springs (instead of spacer to " push front end" up......sitting on base clip and 3" in front and 2" in rear....i have more clip posistions to higher in front if i want but i want lil bit of rake......think i could get 4.5" out of front but i dont have a drop kit for transfer case and you start getting into all kinds of issues if its not true lift kit at that height.....its good, rides perfect, have all my down travel and gained a bit total i believe.....i dont like spacers and i really dont like RC........lots of ways to achieve what you want......the eibach springs add height over stock springs, about an 1-1.25".......alternative to spacer and its better quality spring

Yeah the 2 dealers in my area both say they use RC 2” level. One uses the regular trucks kit and shaves the kit down some. Neither use other kits and change UCAs. They claim Gm authorizes them to use RC kit.

I don’t know enough about it all to argue with them. It makes me nervous though after talking with some on here and after doing some other research. I don’t do any off-roading and pretty much just drive to and from work around 20 minutes. So I don’t need anything crazy expensive.

I also don’t want to go cheap either, but good quality. I mostly just want to level out my truck and don’t mind slight rake. I know every truck is a little different and my truck is roughly 2” lower in the front.

So make it simple for me on what I should go with and I’ll research it.

i replaced all 4 of my shocks as how i got the lift.....you already have a lift

gonna have to be spacer unless you replace shocks, just get UCA along with it, RC makes one am sure its fine and better than stock.......sure you may never have an issue but lots of them have broke already leveling TB/AT4.....better to be safe than sorry......

doesnt have to be a dealer doing install, its pretty straightforward......

watch this

Aftermarket Upper Control Arms (UCAs) - Filthy Motorsports - Bing video

• Like 1

you could put just eibach spring to replace stock springs but you wont get 2".....only about 1''

bilsteins and other shocks have multiple clip positions so its adjustable but your ranchos only have 1 setting for the spring to sit on....

up to you and its our truck so whatever feel comfortable with, any shop can do the work......its very basic 

Edited by Dunn
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Dunn said:

you could put just eibach spring to replace stock springs but you wont get 2".....only about 1''

bilsteins and other shocks have multiple clip positions so its adjustable but your ranchos only have 1 setting for the spring to sit on....

up to you and its our truck so whatever feel comfortable with, any shop can do the work......its very basic 

My suggestion.  Its a higher quality spring than stock and will increase your ride height by approximately 1 inch. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gangly said:

My suggestion.  Its a higher quality spring than stock and will increase your ride height by approximately 1 inch. 

This may be a dumb question. If I just change the springs instead of a level would I change UCAs still?