2022 Silverado 1500 LTZ Refresh Image

• ausomecasey changed the title to 2022 Silverado 1500 LTZ Refresh Image

I like the "enhanced" front end for the main reason that GM finally combined the DRL and the turnsignal (like they did with the SUVs). It looks good. Hopefully the headlight throw / pattern will be a little better off the periphery, which is why GM got dinged on the safety ratings for the T1s. 

But the placement of the bowtie just screams "Hey, look... we changed the truck!". It's so odd to put it ABOVE the center crossbar / line on the grill. I don't think it looks terrible, but I don't think it looks good, either. 

It just looks like they wanted people to be able to quickly tell someone was driving a 2022 vs. a 2019-2021. 

And I don't totally blame them for that... because the 2021 F150 is so similar to the previous F150, I feel bad for people paying money to upgrade... because the average Joe would never be able to know it was a "new" truck. 😂 

1 hour ago, econometrics said:

Adding onto my comment above, I think the "flowtie" of the ZR2 looks best on this new front end because it's hallow... so it does not stick out as sorely as the yellow bow tie on the LT/LTZ and HC will. I think the black on the TB and RST won't look as odd. 

Yea I have always been a fan of the classic gold bowtie, but I might end up liking the black better this time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mafd2 said:

Here's a vid showing the 2022 LTZ.

This is just a rendering, and it's not accurate. It still has the old grille, just moved the bowtie up. The LED signatures are also wrong on this rendering. It was a good guess, though. 

The pic in the image on the ZR2 digital dash is for sure what the LTZ will look like. 

1 hour ago, econometrics said:

This is just a rendering, and it's not accurate. It still has the old grille, just moved the bowtie up. The LED signatures are also wrong on this rendering. It was a good guess, though. 

The pic in the image on the ZR2 digital dash is for sure what the LTZ will look like. 

I understand but I think it'll be really close even though it 's a CGI.  I'm sure they used the photos between the LT, ZR2 to model it.