What do you think this truck is worth for a trade in or retail?

Trying to come up with a value.

2016 2500HD reg cab long bed - 6L gas - Red Hot red - LT basic  package - Z71 - Line X - 12,800 miles (yes, 12,800) - not a scratch, never had anything done besides oil change once a year. Only additions are SS nerf steps and splash guards. Also has a 3rd party warranty to 100K but doubt that adds anything to value. 

Curious based on what others are seeing in this insane market. I'm 5 months in waiting on my new 22' but am told I should be getting close to a build date. 

redhotsmall.jpg.2efdb771d4c891e3bc5b274dafdecccd.jpg

• Like 1

I honestly do not know what to say. That is gorgeous! Having a time getting my head around the idea you want to sell it for another one it appears you won't drive either. 

Dig out your paperwork and once finding the price you paid for her 'out the door' add about $5K for a starter. Would even that price cover the cost of the new one? 

Sounds nuts but the dealer I bought my 2015 from 'offered' full MSRP for mine a few months ago even though she has 150K on the odometer. And that price is about $10K more than I paid them for it when it had 1,300 miles on it. 

OR I'll come out and give you $100 for her 😉 Give her a real nice home in a warm dry garage. 

• Haha 1

I sold a Honda Ridgeline to CARMAX for $3600 more than I paid for it after 11 months of use. Check with all the online offers from VROOM, EDMUNDS, TRUCAR, CARVANA.  CARMAX experience was exceptional even though I had to drive to Colorado Springs about 2 hours away, they even paid for a steak dinner after the sale. Helped pay for the fewer incentives on the 2022 LTD we ordered in August and received in November. 

• Like 1

Well, sight unseen, my dealer told me trade 33-35 which 36 is what I paid for it. Yeah nutz I know, but there's a few thing I didn't get "I got what I could find at the time"  that I wish I had, remote start and power seat for one but they made some changes I like a lot. That plastic fender edge trim like only GMC did at the time and rear inner fender well liners. What really pushed me over was the darker red cherry tint, so that's what I went for. Really, all the chatter about trade in values and the updates to the model made the decision easy. Although I don't have many miles on it, it gets used more than you might think.

I have a customer hounding my ass to sell it to him as soon as I get my new one. I was just curious what others might think. 

This waiting thing sucks though, waiting with no idea when the phone will ring if anything makes me not want to drive it unless absolutely needed. 

Thanks for the input! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

I honestly do not know what to say. That is gorgeous! Having a time getting my head around the idea you want to sell it for another one it appears you won't drive either. 

Dig out your paperwork and once finding the price you paid for her 'out the door' add about $5K for a starter. Would even that price cover the cost of the new one? 

Sounds nuts but the dealer I bought my 2015 from 'offered' full MSRP for mine a few months ago even though she has 150K on the odometer. And that price is about $10K more than I paid them for it when it had 1,300 miles on it. 

OR I'll come out and give you $100 for her 😉 Give her a real nice home in a warm dry garage. 

Oh, I'll have to write a check for 14 or 15k with what I ordered but still, reg cab long bed gasser. I went nutz with the wheel/tire code. More horses, more cubes is always good. I don't have an issue with that part. Probably my last truck, maybe, looking at it that way. And thanks for the compliments. She is pretty in my eyes anyway. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leonardo Willi said:

Oh, I'll have to write a check for 14 or 15k with what I ordered but still, reg cab long bed gasser. I went nutz with the wheel/tire code. More horses, more cubes is always good. I don't have an issue with that part. Probably my last truck, maybe, looking at it that way. And thanks for the compliments. She is pretty in my eyes anyway. 

So you are declining my $100 offer? 

😱

Having been around the block a few times I can say..."It's cheaper to keep her".  

• Haha 2

Remember folks; “buy low sell high”. 

If you sell high make sure you have a replacement or you get stuck. 

In my case as a disabled veteran I pay no tax but state. County Tax and Tags are granted free. 
So trade-in meant less of a tax benefit in my case. 

19 hours ago, pokismoki said:

they ain't worth selling, just end up spending more $$$ on a replacement with more flaws and gizmos to deal with

^agreed. It's a wash- get an inflated value for your current truck and pay an inflated value for its replacement.

• Like 1

I get that with trading, new. It's never been the least cost deal but then, it's not always about least cost. One problem which may be solved on a new one is the rear fender arch's 100% rate of rust cancer. 16 is in that group far as I know. 

All I want is a fair deal and with my miles, it would have strong value regardless of normal or extreme times but they're just a little better than normal. 

The root cause for all this was not buying an LTZ version of mine in 16 I had a chance on, just didn't like the damn color. 

Anyway, at this point one hand has keys for big red, the other, whole bunch of air. 

I got a fair deal, better than a lot I read about but we're not strangers to this dealership.

Appreciate the thoughts, really.   

• Like 1

The offer I got from the dealer I bought Pepper from WAS full MSRP which was a $30k offer. That was a few months ago. Today I got a new offer from that same stealership stating 10% over Kelly Blue Book. (Trade in value) 

About half the first offer. 

The bubble is about to burst. 

:crackup:

Give it a few more months and it will be auction price minus mileage.

• Like 2