Single cab 2.7 high output mods

They're isn't much for mods on those trucks. I thought someone made an intake for them just for sound but no tuning software is out yet the last time I checked.

Not sure why Anon is downplaying 4 cylinder engines, it's pretty impressive for something with 2.7 Liters to make well over 300 horsepower and torque. And the new updated 2.7 makes over 400 ft lbs.

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2022 at 10:21 AM, Anon12345 said:

And so it begins.... Those trying to get more from a 4 banger and we start hearing and seeing the fart can rice rocket american trucks making a sh*t ton of noise but the speedometer barely moves, like hondas and toyotas and subarus....

Dude its just as quick as the 5.3. Quit being a 1983 redneck. 

• Haha 4

On 3/24/2022 at 8:00 AM, Fubar12 said:

Good morning so I just purchased a 2022 worktruck single cab with the 2.7 high output motor im impressed with this motor has anyone did any mods to this motor yet ?

If so what improvements did you see ? 

Thanks  

I have the K&N cold air intake on mine. It makes the engine sound a little better and you can hear the turbo/sucking more. I don’t care what anyone says, throttle response is better and there’s more pull on the higher end. It’s worth it. You don’t need a tune to see benefits. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Anon12345 said:

Lmao, how about you stop being a pot head liberal?

Huh?  I don’t smoke pot or vote democrat. I’m just not ignorant to the fact that 4cyl and 6cyl can be just as quick or quicker than a V8 in a pickup truck. Quit crying about it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Lmao, how about you stop being a pot head liberal?

Oh and the fact that the 2.7 makes the Silverado/Sierra handle like a sports car compared to one with the 6.2. You don’t realize how much that front end weight makes the truck a sloppy pig. 

(I love the 6.2 but facts are facts)

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Anon12345 said:

Its a TRUCK, not a CAR, so why is "handling like a sports car" a concern in a TRUCK?

4 bangers dont belong in full size trucks. 

Go back to buying your imports with the 4 bangers. Making a ****** ton of noise while producing 50 horsepower, must be a 4 banger. 

It’s called modification. I had a few lowered trucks they handled very well. It’s not a one size fits all. I can see a lowered 2 door slightly modified 4 banger being a blast to drive. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Anon12345 said:

Its a TRUCK, not a CAR, so why is "handling like a sports car" a concern in a TRUCK?

Go back to buying your imports with the 4 bangers. Making a ****** ton of noise while producing 50 horsepower, must be a 4 banger. 

I’m a V8, but I can also appreciate the new 2.7L 4 cylinder.  

I can bet you any amount of money that if I got 2 Chevy trucks. One with a 5.3L and one with a 2.7L. I make you wear earplugs to not hear the engine and you’d drive both.  I can almost bet you couldn’t tell the difference and your perspective on the so called “4-banger” would change.  Have an open mindset when it comes to things likes this.  Hell don’t you remember the GMC Syclone or Typhoon.  Those V6s were fast enough to take down Ferrari’s in the early 90s.  Let that sink in for a minute. 

I can’t wait for the 2.7L to be in the Colorado and Canyon.  Those trucks are going to “scoot”. 

Edited by TNTSilverado
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

I’m a V8, but I can also appreciate the new 2.7L 4 cylinder.  

I can bet you any amount of money that if I got 2 Chevy trucks. One with a 5.3L and one with a 2.7L. I make you wear earplugs to not here the engine and you’d drive both.  I can almost bet you couldn’t tell the difference and your perspective on the so called “4-banger” would change.  Have an open mindset when it comes to things likes this.  Hell don’t you remember the GMC Syclone or Typhoon.  Those V6s were fast enough to take down Ferrari’s in the early 90s.  Let that sink in for a minute. 

I can’t wait for the 2.7L to be in the Colorado and Canyon.  Those truck are going to “scoot”. 

I drove the 2.7 4 banger. I dont like it. 

2 hours ago, Anon12345 said:

By comparison you hillbilly. 4 cyl has no place in a truck?  That’s like saying the Ford GT sucks because it has a 6 cyl. 50 HP?  Again, more torque than the 5.3 now. Get your head out of your ass you unvaccinated inbred mongoloid. You didn’t like it when you test drove it because you’re stuck in 1972. If you out war plugs in, you wouldn’t tell the difference between it and the 5.3. 

I think the 5.3 and 6.2 are awesome and I miss the V8 sound but it fires me up that people are so damn closed minded. 

4 minutes ago, Mike Borowski said:

By comparison you hillbilly. 4 cyl has no place in a truck?  That’s like saying the Ford GT sucks because it has a 6 cyl. 50 HP?  Again, more torque than the 5.3 now. Get your head out of your ass you unvaccinated inbred mongoloid. You didn’t like it when you test drove it because you’re stuck in 1972. If you out war plugs in, you wouldn’t tell the difference between it and the 5.3. 

I think the 5.3 and 6.2 are awesome and I miss the V8 sound but it fires me up that people are so damn closed minded. 

"Closed minded" lmao. No. I dont base things off paper specs. Paper specs on google told you the numbers you wanted to see for a boosted 4 banger. So you get jittery and excited with your paper specs, instead of basing it off of real life. You are just a dumbass liberal regardless of how you claim to vote. Your opinions and the way you talk says otherwise. Hillbilly? No. Far from it. Just not mentally ill like you. 

"Closed minded" lmao. No. I dont base things off paper specs. Paper specs on google told you the numbers you wanted to see for a boosted 4 banger. So you get jittery and excited with your paper specs, instead of basing it off of real life. You are just a dumbass liberal regardless of how you claim to vote. Your opinions and the way you talk says otherwise. Hillbilly? No. Far from it. Just not mentally ill like you. 

What in the actual hell are you talking about??? Paper specs?  Those ARE the specs!  I’m done with this, there’s something clearly wrong with you. 

• Haha 1