Another 2021 Sierra lifter failure help needed

Well you can chalk me up to the others who have had a lifter failure. Mine was on the #7 cylinder at 23k. I thought I had made it and it wasn’t going to be an issue for me. All the typical things which others have described happened to my truck. The dealer was great with the repair. Where I am having the problem is I want to get my power train warranty extended. The guys at the dealer said it had to be done through GMC customer service. GMC customer service says they don’t do it and it has to be done through the dealer. I keep getting the run a round. My question is if you did get your warranty extended who did it? Dealer or GM? This kind of customer service sucks and I can tell you if this is how GM and GM dealers handle customer service they are terrible. 

thanks I’m advance!

Jay

Our dealer's service manager facilitated getting a component coverage letter (not the same as an extended powertrain warranty) for just the engine in our truck after getting the lifters replaced on our '21 Silverado. It came in the mail a month after the final repair from the Chevrolet Division of the GM Customer Assistance Center. It effectively gives us 6 years/100,000 mile coverage on the engine, tied to the VIN number of our truck, from the date specified post-repair, but doesn't include any other drivetrain items like the transmission or transfer case; those are still under the original 5 year/60,000 mile powertrain warranty.

1 minute ago, Saso said:

I have been around cars long enough to know that this is bigger problem than most have at this time.

If that was true then you wouldn't ignore the fact that its happening to many other manufacturers and is not just a GM issue.  I saw you enjoy ram trucks, too.  Did you know that those trucks are suffering this same issue with lifters ? And its just as common with them as it is GM?

3 minutes ago, Anon12345 said:

If that was true then you wouldn't ignore the fact that its happening to many other manufacturers and is not just a GM issue.  I saw you enjoy ram trucks, too.  Did you know that those trucks are suffering this same issue with lifters ? And its just as common with them as it is GM?

like I said b4, I been around cars long enough to know better my friend, I haven't see many rams or ford to catastrophically fail at as little as 24 miles on the clock and most are blowing up from 5k to 25k there is tons of videos out there brand new escalade Yukons sierras Silverados fail  at 3-5k on the clock,  bend push rods collapsed lifter all over the place, to my best knowledge GM is being sued over this issue , im not pulling this staff out of my azz its out there all over the place. my coworker truck blow up at 4k mile . I don't have nothing agains GM I have  AT4  on order right now, but this issue is bigger than normal, you can ignore it if you want but the issue is there you like it or not.

4 minutes ago, Saso said:

like I said b4, I been around cars long enough to know better my friend, I haven't see many rams or ford to catastrophically fail at as little as 24 miles on the clock and most are blowing up from 5k to 25k there is tons of videos out there brand new escalade Yukons sierras Silverados fail  at 3-5k on the clock,  bend push rods collapsed lifter all over the place, to my best knowledge GM is being sued over this issue , im not pulling this staff out of my azz its out there all over the place. my coworker truck blow up at 4k mile . I don't have nothing agains GM I have  AT4  on order right now, but this issue is bigger than normal, you can ignore it if you want but the issue is there you like it or not.

You again ignored the fact that it also happens to other manufacturers and just pinpoint the blame on GM.  Its like talking to a wall. 

13 minutes ago, Anon12345 said:

You again ignored the fact that it also happens to other manufacturers and just pinpoint the blame on GM.  Its like talking to a wall. 

yes it does happened to other , all I say that this is bigger than usual  , there is a LAWSUT AGAINST GENERAL MOTORS ABOUT THIS issue , you can ignore it all you want fan boy, BUT THE PROBLEM IS BIGGER THAN YOU LIKE TO ACCEP. I'm not brand loyal user I like all American 3 , maybe that is why my view  is deferent than yours .

here https://www.classaction.org/media/harrison-et-al-v-general-motors-llc.pdf

2 minutes ago, Saso said:

yes it does happened to other , all I say that this is bigger than usual  , there is a LAWSUT AGAINST GENERAL MOTORS ABOUT THIS issue , you can ignore it all you want fan boy, BUT THE PROBLEM IS BIGGER THAN YOU LIKE TO ACCEP. I'm not brand loyal user I like all American 3 , maybe that is why my view  is deferent than yours .

here https://www.classaction.org/media/harrison-et-al-v-general-motors-llc.pdf

Theres always lawsuits because people are sue happy these days.  That most likely isnt going to go anywhere.  Wanna sue dodge too since they have the same issue ?

5 minutes ago, Anon12345 said:

Theres always lawsuits because people are sue happy these days.  That most likely isnt going to go anywhere.  Wanna sue dodge too since they have the same issue ?

I'm going to end the back and forth, I'm starting to think you might be a democrat.

14 minutes ago, Saso said:

I'm going to end the back and forth, I'm starting to think you might be a democrat.

I voted for trump, so re think that claim.   I just work in the auto industry and i know how it all works, and i understand the engineering aspect.  You just follow among the sheep of if its in the news or on the internet it must be true. 

2 hours ago, voided3 said:

Our dealer's service manager facilitated getting a component coverage letter (not the same as an extended powertrain warranty) for just the engine in our truck after getting the lifters replaced on our '21 Silverado. It came in the mail a month after the final repair from the Chevrolet Division of the GM Customer Assistance Center. It effectively gives us 6 years/100,000 mile coverage on the engine, tied to the VIN number of our truck, from the date specified post-repair, but doesn't include any other drivetrain items like the transmission or transfer case; those are still under the original 5 year/60,000 mile powertrain warranty.

Thanks Voided3! I’ll ask for the same thing you got and see if I can get anywhere with the dealer. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was a Big GMfan here. Bought 8 gm vehicles in my 40 ish year lifetime. No more. The way I have been treated by last 3 dealers and GM. I'm done. Spend 50k on a truck and they wouldn't give me a rental car for 9 day repair. Not even a ride home. Considering gm makes at least 20,000 in profit per truck. They were willing to roll the dice and not give a loyal customer a ride home from the dealership when his 8 month old truck needed lifter/engine rebuild. They wouldn't even pay the 44 uber ride to try to keep the promises they made to me. As free shuttles, free rentals when breakdown requires 24 hours. Nope never again will I spend my money on a GM. It had the least reliable motor I've ever owned 5.3, and the most jerky transmission I've ever owned 8 speed. 

Edited by Adamace1
  • Thanks 1