Hey, I just bought a new Silverado 2500 but was a little disappointed it did not come with cab lights. I was planning on installing them but haven't decided on if I want to do it or have someone else do it. The only reason I am even thinking about having someone else do it is because of the $350 square knockout punch tool. (Only one I can find) The other problem I am having is finding somewhere that would actually do them. If you have had them done somewhere who did it and how much was the labor? Does anyone know if there is anywhere to rent the punch? If not is there any other cheeper options that aren't $350? Anyone on here have one they would be willing to rent out by chance? Thanks for the advice and replies!

Here is the link to the thread for the install.   

I was able to find a punch, an older version but new on Ebay that worked fine.  yo will have to do a little filing, especial on the center light holes.

Before installed the lights myself I had the dealer quote about $500,  that ended the conversation.

good luck

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2022 at 1:13 PM, Andrew Pokrandt said:

Hey, I just bought a new Silverado 2500 but was a little disappointed it did not come with cab lights. I was planning on installing them but haven't decided on if I want to do it or have someone else do it. The only reason I am even thinking about having someone else do it is because of the $350 square knockout punch tool. (Only one I can find) The other problem I am having is finding somewhere that would actually do them. If you have had them done somewhere who did it and how much was the labor? Does anyone know if there is anywhere to rent the punch? If not is there any other cheeper options that aren't $350? Anyone on here have one they would be willing to rent out by chance? Thanks for the advice and replies!

Check out this comment. Just got our 2022 WT in and want to add cab lights. This will probably be the route I take. Should be just as good and a hell of a lot cheaper than the square hole punch.

• 2 months later...