Water in hood

Might be nothing but I have a strange issue with my 2022 Silverado 2500 HD.  Whenever I raise up the hood after the frost melted or even a light rain, I have water coming out under the passenger side of the hood.  Usually at the cab side corner near the battery and in the front around the small bump stop thing.  Doesn't seem like a good thing to have water sitting inside the hood cavity causing corrosion.  Don't like the water dripping around the battery either.  Anyone else experienced this?  I'm guessing its seeping in around the faux hood scoop or the black plastic pieces on top of the hood.  Sure I could silicone around them but on a truck this expensive I'm hoping the warranty would cover such things.  Truck is parked facing up on a slight incline in my driveway.  Thanks for any help.

While I have not lifted the hood to check inside, those decorative pieces that say Duramax/Allison leak out water that runs down the hood after washing and drying the truck for a day or so. Annoying more than anything due to water spot streaks.

I always get the annoying water that's puked out the air intake scoops onto the hood, grille and bumper after washing my truck (I always go around the block after washing so I can wipe it clean before putting away).  But, I've never really checked under the hood.  I guess I will now ...

Edited by Njmurvin

I simply raise the hood after washing the truck and let any water trapped under the hood furniture drain away.  Put the hood down after drying the truck and the problem is solved.  You won't have a problem with water running out later or spraying out in a mist driving the first few miles after the wash.

11 hours ago, unit said:

I simply raise the hood after washing the truck and let any water trapped under the hood furniture drain away.  Put the hood down after drying the truck and the problem is solved.  You won't have a problem with water running out later or spraying out in a mist driving the first few miles after the wash.

Thank you for the tip, I will do that after washing! 

The problem I'm having is after even a light rain or melting frost.  Seems I have to remember to raise the hood every time this happens.   Seems like a bad design.  Can't help but think that water will eventually corrode the inside of the hood.  I was going to put silicone around the plastic parts on the hood but figured it would end up discoloring and would be impossible to remove.  Ugh.

• 3 months later...
18 minutes ago, Shannon Alcott said:

Thank goodness I found this thread. I thought it was only me. Can't seem to get my truck spotless after a wash due to leaking - even after using an air gun to clean out liquid.

I take a leaf blower to the front end of the truck and that works good,  actually do the whole truck.  Again probably the worst vehicle I have ever had in regards to holding water

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, nards444 said:

I take a leaf blower to the front end of the truck and that works good,  actually do the whole truck.  Again probably the worst vehicle I have ever had in regards to holding water

Leaf blower ... why hadn't I thought of that? Might have to give that a shot.

On 5/4/2022 at 6:00 PM, unit said:

Your suggestion solved the problem completely, thanks!