Extended warranty info

Where I  live in Florida, none of the GMC dealers I talked to had a factory extended warranty that they were selling. I did buy one from a GMC dealer that was underwritten by CNA. It was a 10 year 150,000 mile warranty that covers just about everything except brakes, tires, and the usual exclusions with respect to a premium warranty . It has a $100 deductible and cost about $3,100. I guess the Florida Department of Insurance has  rules that GM or their dealers have issues with when it comes to the selling or pricing of their factory extended warranty .

• Thanks 1

I've been happy with Hendrick Autoguard warranties. They aren't officially backed by GM, however, Hendrick is a huge dealer of GM vehicles, and I've never had an issue getting them to pay out on claims in the past. 

GMPP Platinum is what I had, I bought it from my selling dealer at the time of purchase. Not sure if you can buy a gm warranty outside of a dealership setting but I do know that they are usually the best for an extension of your factory warranty. Aftermarket ones are hit and miss, research them if you do look to something other then a gmpp extension.

I found this place on one of the forums (may have been this one) and at the time, they had the best deal by far.  It’s a Genuine GM Warranty, Bumper to Bumper with a $100 Deductible.  I have two phone numbers listed…not sure which one I called. Your price will depend on your vehicles info (remaining warranty, miles on your truck, etc…).  

EXTENDED WARRANTY

•James E. Black Cadillac 

•3929 Admiral Peary

Highway

Rt 22 West

Ebensburg, Pa. 15931

•Platinum Plan

•7 Years/84 Months

•Speak to Alan

•814-472-9550

•Genuine GM Plan

•$100 Deductible

814-341-8061

You will need to do the following if you move forward with this warranty…

•Take Pic of Odometer

•Name

•Address

•Phone 

•Email

•Last 8 of Vin

•Out of State Tax Exempt if

Applicable 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Tdola said:

I found this place on one of the forums (may have been this one) and at the time, they had the best deal by far.  It’s a Genuine GM Warranty, Bumper to Bumper with a $100 Deductible.  I have two phone numbers listed…not sure which one I called. Your price will depend on your vehicles info (remaining warranty, miles on your truck, etc…).  

EXTENDED WARRANTY

•James E. Black Cadillac 

•3929 Admiral Peary

Highway

Rt 22 West

Ebensburg, Pa. 15931

•Platinum Plan

•7 Years/84 Months

•Speak to Alan

•814-472-9550

•Genuine GM Plan

•$100 Deductible

814-341-8061

You will need to do the following if you move forward with this warranty…

•Take Pic of Odometer

•Name

•Address

•Phone 

•Email

•Last 8 of Vin

•Out of State Tax Exempt if

Applicable 

This is the place I was going to suggest. I've been on these forums for several years now and this is probably the top recommended place to buy an extended warranty that I've ever seen. 

• Thanks 1

If you belong to AAA consider looking into the AAA Extended Warranty.  It covers everything the extended GM warranty covers and is several hundred dollars less for the same level and length of coverage.  I just purchased a 2022 Silverado 1500 Crew LT 4WD with the 5.3L, and the AAA Platinum level Extended Warranty/Vehicle Service Contract for 7 years with a $100 deductible was under $2200.00.  I had a AAA Platinum Ext Warranty on my 2004 TrailBlazer and had zero problems with claims.  The dealership that did the work also commented on how easy it was to do business with them.

• Thanks 1