Has anyone gotten their chip put in or heard any dates?

Its being handled on a BY YOUR VIN basis.  When they have parts allocated to your vehicle, they will contact you to set up a time to have the work done.

Parts are also in a limited supply so dealers can't order for stock.  

The first group to get a retrofit so far is Traverse/Acadia/Enclave/XT5/XT6 for rear heated seats.  The control module was the missing part to be installed, along with required programming.  

Of the SIX different bulletins for the retrofit, four of them involve just modules and programming, two of them are modules, switches and programming.  

On 7/15/2022 at 6:49 PM, Z71_2500 said:

Can someone please post the parts needed for the RetroFit? 

I have asked the local dealer what part do I need to buy to RetroFit my own truck.  He indicated there is not an exact parts list yet. Is that true? 

The module box for the 2021 are the same for the 2022 I have. There is something missing and it is not chips in the module box, because I opened my 2022 and it there are no empty chip sockets. 

I have traced the wiring and see the BCM is involved with the actuation of the heated/cool seats. I guess is that the WHOLE BCM is going to be replaced when this RetroFit happens. 

There is no way GM techs are going to remove a BCM box or whatever module box, open it up, ESD safe the work area, and insert a chip to a micro socket. I am a degreed computer engineer and there is no way it is chip level. Not even mother board level. They are going to remove a box, and install a box. 

Please someone with inside knowledge DM me the part numbers or post them for all to understand. I will buy the hardware myself and install. 

Yea, you are overthinking this.

There are no parts for trucks yet available.  First group is Traverse/Acadia/Enclave/XT5/XT6.  

Some vehicles are just getting heated seat modules and programming, others its modules, programming and switches but the full description on 5 of the 6 bulletins has not been released yet.  So far no mention of motors or heat pads missing, its just modules and or modules and switches.

Parts MUST be ordered by VIN, there is programming required, so nothing you can DIY as there is required data to be logged by the dealer to confirm retrofit.  

Edited by newdude

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wanting to hear just from just one person who has been contacted to bring theirs in for the "retrofit".   My 2021 Silverado is good to go, but my 2022 Canyon is not.  I did get a letter on 8/26/22 saying the process had begun.

Mine does have the actual heated seats switches in place so I guess I just need the behind the switch module and an ecm update.

So to repeat, has anyone had their truck fixed yet?  

Edited by sohccammer427
spell

18 hours ago, sohccammer427 said:

Wanting to hear just from just one person who has been contacted to bring theirs in for the "retrofit".   My 2021 Silverado is good to go, but my 2022 Canyon is not.  I did get a letter on 8/26/22 saying the process had begun.

Mine does have the actual heated seats switches in place so I guess I just need the behind the switch module and an ecm update.

So to repeat, has anyone had their truck fixed yet?  

I haven’t seen anyone talk about actually getting the front heated seat retrofit put in a Silverado/Sierra yet.

I know for sure, the heated seats and steering wheel were pretty nice this morning in my 22. Glad I wasn’t missing them.

• 1 month later...

The dealer completed the heated seat retrofit on my 22 Silverado LTD last week.  I called in when I saw the GM Authority article.  The service writer said he would order the parts for my VIN, and would call me when they came in.  He called me with an appointment a week later.

They replaced the trim panel around the HVAC controls.  The new panel replaced the dummy switches with functional switches, and included new temp control dials.  The service writer also said they re-flashed the BCM.  I was in and out in about 2 hrs.