Has anyone gotten their chip put in or heard any dates?

Bought my 2022 Ltd in February and was told March for then I will get the chips for park assist, cooled and heated seats and steering wheel. Since then anytime I reach out to the dealer or chevy customer service all im told is that they are coming sometime in the future but they don't know when. Has anyone had their chips put in or gotten some kind of a date when they will be available?

1 hour ago, ReZpawN said:

Bought my 2022 Ltd in February and was told March for then I will get the chips for park assist, cooled and heated seats and steering wheel. Since then anytime I reach out to the dealer or chevy customer service all im told is that they are coming sometime in the future but they don't know when. Has anyone had their chips put in or gotten some kind of a date when they will be available?

1 hour ago, Byrds8 said:

Havent heard squat for mine

1 hour ago, lebag335 said:

I'll be suprised if that actually happens.

GM has an update coming in July on the retrofits.  Customer letters will be coming soon too.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lebag335 said:

I'll be suprised if that actually happens.

It’ll happen. GM will have a lot of trouble for themselves if it doesn’t. Retrofit on certain features was promised to a lot of people. It just may take a while to get it done. Not just Silverado/Sierra, it’s been all GMs

Edited by Dirk13
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, newdude said:

GM has an update coming in July on the retrofits.  Customer letters will be coming soon too.

Good to hear. I got mine in January and hadn’t heard a word yet for my heated seats.

Grrrrr. Talk about frustration. I had a feeling this would happen. 

This is exactly the reason I made sure my 22 LTD LTZ and 22 High Country had all the chips when I bought them in February. Bonus was my 6.2 HC is missing the autostop.

I bet they won't be able to fulfill all the missing chips until a year from now.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please post the parts needed for the RetroFit? 

I have asked the local dealer what part do I need to buy to RetroFit my own truck.  He indicated there is not an exact parts list yet. Is that true? 

The module box for the 2021 are the same for the 2022 I have. There is something missing and it is not chips in the module box, because I opened my 2022 and it there are no empty chip sockets. 

I have traced the wiring and see the BCM is involved with the actuation of the heated/cool seats. I guess is that the WHOLE BCM is going to be replaced when this RetroFit happens. 

There is no way GM techs are going to remove a BCM box or whatever module box, open it up, ESD safe the work area, and insert a chip to a micro socket. I am a degreed computer engineer and there is no way it is chip level. Not even mother board level. They are going to remove a box, and install a box. 

Please someone with inside knowledge DM me the part numbers or post them for all to understand. I will buy the hardware myself and install. 

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

From what I read now, the ventilated BLOWER motors are what is missing in the front seats. No chips are missing, but likely some programming is needed to update the BCM to control the blower motors once they are installed. 

I read somewhere that GM intends to handle this like they do with a recall. Once parts are available to ship to your dealer they will send a letter informing you to contact the dealer for an appointment.  No time frame was given but since they are still producing vehicles missing chips, it might be a long wait.  My guess?  Not in 2022!