Dealer Negotiations on Ordered Trucks

I have a friend looking to buy a new GMC and the dealers won't even really deal with him on negotiating. Is that common right now? He's wants to order an elevation w/ preferred package and they keep giving him push back on even discussing pricing. I get how things are right now, so I was wondering if others that have recently purchased have dealt with this?

48 minutes ago, 1454 said:

I have a friend looking to buy a new GMC and the dealers won't even really deal with him on negotiating. Is that common right now? He's wants to order an elevation w/ preferred package and they keep giving him push back on even discussing pricing. I get how things are right now, so I was wondering if others that have recently purchased have dealt with this?

Have you been living under a rock? MSRP is about all you can ask for today. You’ll be lucky in some parts of the country if the dealers not asking for extra on top of that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dirk13 said:

Have you been living under a rock? MSRP is about all you can ask for today. You’ll be lucky in some parts of the country if the dealers not asking for extra on top of that.

I specifically asked based on what was going on. Thanks for being a jerk about it. 

9 hours ago, Dirk13 said:

I’m starting to see deals advertised here in Texas. Discounts off MSRP some along  with 0 percent. High fuel prices and inflation are probably the reason.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I’m starting to see deals advertised here in Texas. Discounts off MSRP some along  with 0 percent. High fuel prices and inflation are probably the reason.

I’m sure other members may appreciate leads on said deals. Care to share?

19 minutes ago, Dirk13 said:

I’m sure other members may appreciate leads on said deals. Care to share?

Being condescending? It’s called a tv. Or just go online. Or is that too hard for you?

3 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Being condescending? It’s called a tv. Or just go online. Or is that too hard for you?

I’ll take it a step further. CARPROUSA.com a website and radio program on iHeartRadio.

12 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I’ll take it a step further. CARPROUSA.com a website and radio program on iHeartRadio.

Thanks for going the extra mile there. That information will really help folks find the deals you speak of. 

18 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

You didn’t give much information other than you’re seeing deals advertised in Texas. I was just wondering if you had even the dealership’s name running the ads to give people a place to start. 

14 minutes ago, Dirk13 said:

You didn’t give much information other than you’re seeing deals advertised in Texas. I was just wondering if you had even the dealership’s name running the ads to give people a place to start. 

Houston, Conroe area. Go online with carpro they are very helpful. The ads I speak  of are on the TV nightly in the Houston market.

Edited by KARNUT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

copied today using one of the Port Huron zipcodes

2022 GMC SIERRA 1500 LIMITED CREW CAB AT4

$550 Purchase Allowance
+ $750 Buick GMC Loyalty Cash for current Owners and Lessees of 2008 model year or newer select GM vehicles
+ $250 Cash Allowance When Financed w/GM Financial
$1,550 Total Cash Allowance

Of course it's likely nobody has one anyway.
For 2022 refresh 1500 and for 2500, the offer was for 0% financing.

Edited by redwngr
  • Thanks 1

A lot of the GM incentives are listed but not everyone can qualify for them. I bought mine last year in May. I have GM Supplier pricing so it's a set price based on invoice. There was a GM discount but I found out it isn't when you sign a contract with a dealer, it's when you take delivery. I wound up getting $500 less because the incentives changed between April and May from $2,000 down to $1,500. A lot of times the trim levels they list are the ONLY ones that the discounts apply to, like a certain trim with the 4 cylinder, or those are manufacturer sticker discount packages, not direct to consumer rebates.

• Thanks 1

MSRP only in my area. My local dealers won't accept GM supplier pricing (they are not required to). GM has been offering 0% for 36 months on Sierra 1500 but I expect that will change with rates rising. 

• Thanks 1