All 4 auto window rolldown feature

So my 2021 Sierra has the feature that if you press and hold the unlock button on the remote, it will open all 4 door windows which is a great idea. The problem is, is that you cannot roll them back up remotely. At least I haven't figured out how to do it. If its not possible, that's like giving us a 1/2 of a feature. Imagine being able to remote start your truck and NOT be able to turn it back off remotely.  If there is no option to roll the windows back up, whatever engineer or whoever came up with this feature should have lost their job right on the spot. IMO.

If not close enough to push the button, then probably also not close enough to verify that someone / something doesn't get caught by the window going up. 

At least that was my understanding of the logic.

Just as remote start doesn't work with the hood open. 

• Like 3

Well in the full load rental 6.2 I was just in I can tell you how inconvenient that giant button to roll all four windows when you have teens. Can’t seem to help themselves, or hit it by accident reaching for another thing, thankfully my preference is custom trim so my new custom doesn’t have that stupid giant button. Agree that if it goes one way you should instantly be able to reverse your decision just as quickly.

2 hours ago, 4banger said:

Well in the full load rental 6.2 I was just in I can tell you how inconvenient that giant button to roll all four windows when you have teens. Can’t seem to help themselves, or hit it by accident reaching for another thing, thankfully my preference is custom trim so my new custom doesn’t have that stupid giant button. Agree that if it goes one way you should instantly be able to reverse your decision just as quickly.

I don’t get the button either. Ok sure put a button somewhere, apparently people like the feature, but the biggest button in the entire truck?? Why??

You can’t auto roll them back up because gm decided it was not safe.

20 minutes ago, Dirk13 said:

I don’t get the button either. Ok sure put a button somewhere, apparently people like the feature, but the biggest button in the entire truck?? Why??

You can’t auto roll them back up because gm decided it was not safe.

Agreed. Not a fan of how HUGE the button is.  I like the feature but also would appreciate all 4 to go back up.  But I can see GM seeing it as unsafe. 

• Like 1

Personally, it's the one feature I forget to use. I've used it once since my ownership and that was only because the truck was sitting in 100F outside temp all day. Some call it the fart mode, if anything.

4 hours ago, 4banger said:

my preference is custom trim so my new custom doesn’t have that stupid giant button. Agree that if it goes one way you should instantly be able to reverse your decision just as quickly.

You can still roll them down via keyfob in the Custom. Hit unlock twice and hold the second time and it will roll all 4 down.

On 7/3/2022 at 10:38 AM, SMDBIOS said:

So my 2021 Sierra has the feature that if you press and hold the unlock button on the remote, it will open all 4 door windows which is a great idea. The problem is, is that you cannot roll them back up remotely. At least I haven't figured out how to do it. If its not possible, that's like giving us a 1/2 of a feature. Imagine being able to remote start your truck and NOT be able to turn it back off remotely.  If there is no option to roll the windows back up, whatever engineer or whoever came up with this feature should have lost their job right on the spot. IMO.

Very likely this feature is not available because of the potential safety issue of injury to  a person if there was not an visual verification of a safe condition to select to roll the window up.

I absolutely love this feature! 

I live in Houston were its been around 100 degrees since early June and will stay this way through September.  I roll down all 4 windows a few inches , turn on the auto start, then let it sit for 5 minutes before leaving work.  One of the few FOB functions I actually use.  It would be nice to be able to roll them back up remotely after a few minutes so the truck can get nice and cooled by the AC, but I understand why GM is hesitant to make that function a reality.

What's this big button everybody has mentioned? I guess I am unware of it as I have only used the FOB to roll all four down with.

Edited by Gangly

7 hours ago, Gangly said:

I absolutely love this feature! 

I live in Houston were its been around 100 degrees since early June and will stay this way through September.  I roll down all 4 windows a few inches , turn on the auto start, then let it sit for 5 minutes before leaving work.  One of the few FOB functions I actually use.  It would be nice to be able to roll them back up remotely after a few minutes so the truck can get nice and cooled by the AC, but I understand why GM is hesitant to make that function a reality.

What's this big button everybody has mentioned? I guess I am unware of it as I have only used the FOB to roll all four down with.

roll all 4 down a few inches? I didn’t think you could go any amount other than all the way. Maybe with the FOB? Definitely not with the button, it’s all or nothing:8578CCEA-8824-4C3F-8AC2-3E28FC2EBF6F.thumb.jpeg.45cb1e116ea6f3ef21d2bcfc70c21673.jpeg

• Like 2

Yes, I lower them and stop them at whatever height I prefer using the FOB.  However, I do not have the above shown button on my dash, or I haven't noticed it which I doubt.  It's out of the way though so I don't know that I would consider it an inconvenience, but then again its not my truck so my opinion matters very little in that regard.

4 minutes ago, Gangly said:

Yes, I lower them and stop them at whatever height I prefer using the FOB.  However, I do not have the above shown button on my dash, or I haven't noticed it which I doubt.  It's out of the way though so I don't know that I would consider it an inconvenience, but then again its not my truck so my opinion matters very little in that regard.

I dont consider it an inconvenience. I just question why it’s there at all. To me, it’s a complete waste.

The buttons on the drivers door auto down the windows just fine, I don’t need ANOTHER way to do it. Especially not the button with the most real estate on the console. Give me something actually useful to put there. 

Mine doesn't have the '4 window down' button.  Not on door, and not one of console switches (it is mentioned in the manual).

I do use the 'windows down' function of the fob -- sometimes.

Edited by redwngr

9 hours ago, redwngr said:

Mine doesn't have the '4 window down' button.  Not on door, and not one of console switches (it is mentioned in the manual).

I do use the 'windows down' function of the fob -- sometimes.

There’s not a single button to put all 4 down on the door. But there are 4 individual buttons that are auto down. It takes no more time to push all 4 of them than it does to reach over and push the one in the center console. 🤦‍♂️