Clunk From Front while Driving in Rain

So it is pouring here today. It dropped a lot of water pretty fast so there was standing water on the roads. Nothing crazy mind you just puddles etc. However, there seemed to be a clunk about four different times. It seemed like it was coming from the front. Never felt the truck or any other vehicle I have owned do this. Is the truck doing something it should or shouldn't be? Thanks

Edited by Byrds8

• Byrds8 changed the title to Clunk From Front while Driving in Rain

It isn't on auto. Do these trucks have a real finicky traction control or anything? It almost felt like hitting a pothole. That is about the closest thing I can think of to describe the quick clunk. Granted it wasn't damage on the road that was causing it.

Wouldnt think this was coming from the engine. It has only happened when it was a downpour. The engine itself sounds and runs fine. Not to mention I have a Pulsar on it so DFM never turns on.

The sensors are detecting lower traction and or control concerns from the water puddles and driving to fast for conditions?  I get occasionally something similar in winter with low traction conditions and its usually because I am driving a little to fast.  One wheel speed changes so computer applies brake to other wheel to slow it down and catch up,  that's the clunking you hear, off/on application of (anti-lock) brake.  The computer has the ability to apply brake to just one wheel if it thinks it needed.   Just some of the idiosyncrasies of these safety systems.

Edited by elcamino

Well, at least now I know its normal. You'd have to wonder how we all grew up without these nannies lol. I think I can live without a few myself.