Complimentary Onstar Connected Remote Access

'22 Sierra HD SLE,

I am one of those who is (still) waiting for a heated steering wheel module. Had the heated seats done a couple weeks ago. Recently, I was advised by the dealer service dept that the steering wheel installs have already begun on some GMC trucks. Also read a couple online reports which essentially confirmed this, although no schedule regarding the timing.

Today, I received a letter from GM, apologizing for the delay in the heated steering wheel and, "To improve your ownership experience, particularly given Winter climate conditions and the length of time...." they are providing a six month complimentary Onstar Connected Remote Access.

Couple questions - Does this suggest the steering wheel issue will take longer than I expected to resolve? and Is this complimentary service the same as the complimentary service one receives when the vehicle is new off the lot? I did not use any/much of that service during that trial period, so wonder of what benefit this will be, or is this just a crafty way to push the service to those who didn't renew the initial offering?

Marv

2 hours ago, marpel said:

'22 Sierra HD SLE,

I am one of those who is (still) waiting for a heated steering wheel module. Had the heated seats done a couple weeks ago. Recently, I was advised by the dealer service dept that the steering wheel installs have already begun on some GMC trucks. Also read a couple online reports which essentially confirmed this, although no schedule regarding the timing.

Today, I received a letter from GM, apologizing for the delay in the heated steering wheel and, "To improve your ownership experience, particularly given Winter climate conditions and the length of time...." they are providing a six month complimentary Onstar Connected Remote Access.

Couple questions - Does this suggest the steering wheel issue will take longer than I expected to resolve? and Is this complimentary service the same as the complimentary service one receives when the vehicle is new off the lot? I did not use any/much of that service during that trial period, so wonder of what benefit this will be, or is this just a crafty way to push the service to those who didn't renew the initial offering?

Marv

That's a great question that only time will tell...Please let us all know the end result.

I got the same letter and have been paying for the full onstar package since I bought back in may. 

my take is that it’s gonna be a while and is not a priority for them. They also gave me 12500 Chevy points which is about $125, which leads me to believe I’ll never be getting it. 

im more disappointed about not having the front and back parking sensors because I’m fairly certain it’s a very easy fix for them given I have the button inside already and the sensors are in. 

Wow! That's crazy! I picked mine up last month and luckily it came with everything mentioned here (heated seats, steering wheel and parking sensors). I wouldn't have taken delivery of the vehicle without them. It also has 3 years of Onstar.

Maybe trim level is a factor?

Although, my off road running boards were not on it and they are on backorder. I guess GM ran out of those too? My dealer estimates they will arrive in March.

Not sure when these complimentary components were/will be initiated (presume any change is done wirelessly and without a visit to the dealer?), but absolutely nothing has changed in my system, so far.

And funny thing is, I tried to search out exactly what this Remote Access actually is and it appears most, if not all, benefits require other components, which need to already be in the truck, to work. With the trim level I ordered, it appears I have none of those necessary components anyway, so it's a big wash for me.

So they gave me $25 credit for the omission of a component I had ordered (and I do understand the supply chain issues), delayed the installation of that component for a year so far (and until after the season I would have used it), then as compensation, gave me a "gift" I didn't ask for, do not really want and can't even use even if I wanted to. Bit of a slap in the face.....

44 minutes ago, Dr1ft3r said:

Wow! That's crazy! I picked mine up last month and luckily it came with everything mentioned here (heated seats, steering wheel and parking sensors). I wouldn't have taken delivery of the vehicle without them. It also has 3 years of Onstar.

Maybe trim level is a factor?

Although, my off road running boards were not on it and they are on backorder. I guess GM ran out of those too? My dealer estimates they will arrive in March.

Sounds like my purchase. Heated/cooled front seats, rear heated seats, steering wheel heat, parking sensors, hood insulation, and rear wheel liners all installed. Off road running boards back-ordered. 10-22 build at4hd, picked up 12-3.

Running boards showed up 12-17, so there wasn't to many days using a upside down 5 gal bucket to get in.

I got my heated seats installed last month, finally. Came with the heated steering wheel.

Still waiting on parking sensors and did not come with rear wheel liners for LT Z71 All Star package.

Ordering trucks just a few years ago turned into one of the biggest ****** shows I've ever seen.  People that waited for months got their trucks half way equipped while others were able to grab ones that came in to the dealers fully equipped.  I hope this shitshow ends soon and we can all get back to a somewhat normal.  Or perhaps a new normal....I for one don't like the new normal but it's being shoved down all of our throats.  Time for a big gulp I guess....

3 hours ago, gemarsh said:

Sounds like my purchase. Heated/cooled front seats, rear heated seats, steering wheel heat, parking sensors, hood insulation, and rear wheel liners all installed. Off road running boards back-ordered. 10-22 build at4hd, picked up 12-3.

Running boards showed up 12-17, so there wasn't to many days using a upside down 5 gal bucket to get in.

The only other thing missing from my order was the illuminated GMC emblem. They didn't charge me for it like the running boards though. My dealer told that me they were replacing those illuminated emblems under warranty a LOT. One truck had it replaced 5 times. So maybe GMC stopped installing them for that reason? Whatever the reason, I don't think I'm going to install it myself either. It's a minor thing.

Luckily, I'm tall. So I don't need a bucket to get in and out of the truck. But the running boards would help. They are supposed to ship them to any dealer I want to have them installed when they arrive (I travel a lot for work and I'm out of state).

• Like 1