Soft paint....

Finding that my 2020 scratches incredibly easily.  I have never had a truck with such delicate paint.  My daughter reaches over the side to put her bag from school in the bed, and I have several scratches there.  I have asked her to be sure she has no buttons or zippers touching the side and I am still getting scratches.  I put a scratch on the tailgate myself with just having had heavy leather gloves on.  Scratches aren't deep, but are to the primer.  I have shadow gray metallic paint, and I am curious if anyone else has an issue with their paint. 

Honestly very disappointed that such an expensive heavy duty truck gets scratches just from someone leaning against.

Edited by shadow gray 2020 hd

Mine is Northsky Blue and I have the same frustration. I often 'joke' that it scratches if you look at it wrong. The joke being that I am really just dying inside with each new scratch/chip. I bought touchup paint but I'm worried about making it worse and I'm not brave enough to sand a whole panel.

Same thing with my black truck.  I just gave up.  They tend to show marks very easily.  Quick story, I went to help a fellow colleague of mine jump his truck off because his battery was dead.  He drooped the jumper cables over my fender.  And yes, there are marks there now from the cables...uggggg... Long term who knows what it will look like in 10 years but it's a truck....how about looking at those scratches and marks as a badge of honor.  That's what I try to do....lol...

Edited by Jettech1

19 minutes ago, nards444 said:

around 2010ish all the manufactures went or were forced into going to a wter based paint which is thinner and weaker then onld old paint.  Not much you can do.  I have been ceramic coating my cars for the last 5 years or so, which does help.

100% correct all paint is water based on every car manufacture you can thank the environmentalist people for the paint durability.

• Like 1

I was thinking it was just me having this problem on my 2022 North Sky Blue, had a cardboard box rub the paint off the inside of the bed first week I owned it, put a load of steel siding in the back of it bottom sheet was covered in blue paint it wore off the bed bouncing down the road. I have now put the rubber mat in and tailgate protector on it so when I put my ramps for the trailer in it there still paint left. I should have had the bed sprayed when I ordered it but the dealer here in Flint said 6 to 8 weeks wait, they send them out to get this done at the factory, so I said forget it I waited long enough to get it, I just bought the carbon fiber protective stick on covers to put under the door handles because of the scratch marks. Took it through Washworld and wiped it down after could see fine scratches on the fenders. Guess I'll have to wash it by hand with young Beaver pelt. I know it's a truck, but I would hope i could keep it looking good until it's paid for.

• Like 2

I wanted the silver metallic to begin with...I've had silver cars over the years, they all looked amazing over time even when dirty.  Then I wanted Northsky Blue........But you can't beat the look of black or other dark colors when clean.  Yes the silver color hides everything, I know that.  But damn, my black truck looks great for a few hours after washing it.....And then I start to look closer at it, that's when I look away and start humming a song from Trace Adkins or someone else...lol..and I kick myself in the ass for not buying the silver metallic... but damn, it sure looks good in black for a while...temporary highs we will say...😃