0 to 60 with the gasser and Allison combo

4 minutes ago, CRApex said:

If it performs like it does with the Duramax, you’re going to love it.  Been very reliable matched to a motor with more torque and HP since 2020 so it’s not a brand new tranny.

Or is it?  This has to be something different than what would be behind the duramax in my opinion, just guessing is all.  I can't believe they would put the same tranny behind a gasser engine with half the torque rating.  Or did they?

5 minutes ago, CRApex said:

If it performs like it does with the Duramax, you’re going to love it.  Been very reliable matched to a motor with more torque and HP since 2020 so it’s not a brand new tranny.

I was going to ask that very thing - I assumed it would be the same as behind the Dmax, probably different ratio gears?

6 minutes ago, Jettech1 said:

Or is it?  This has to be something different than what would be behind the duramax in my opinion, just guessing is all.  I can't believe they would put the same tranny behind a gasser engine with half the torque rating.  Or did they?

In some videos I’ve watched where the GM reps were hyping the new setup, they have mentioned ‘minor’ differences, to what degree, really don’t know.  If its the same basic design it should be every bit as reliable.

Edited by CRApex
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Leonardo Willi said:

When I found out my truck would be a 24' with the Allison, all that pain of waiting drifted away quickly so I'm happy about it. All I know is everything we've bought in the last 10 or 12 years has made advancements with tranny's and more gears. So I'm looking forward to it. I would expect a slight improvement in economy maybe when empty? I don't pull a heavy load as a rule but haul about 1500lbs in a water tank in the bed and pull a water trailer loaded, about 10,000lbs. Gotta tell ya, my 6.0 and 6spd is damn impressive, most impressive puller ever even over my old 3500 with 7.4 and to be fair, about the same mileage as I got pulling around 9000lbs of boat I once had, 8mpg loaded all day long, 11mpg all day long empty. But I've had some impressive mileage on the interstate pushing a sheet of plywood into the wind with this HD. 

I fail to see how the Allison isn't a positive step forward but my mind is wide open.

Allison was paid for the name. They don’t have anything to do with it. 

4 minutes ago, Pryme said:

That's an interesting thing between Allison and GM.  GM built and designed it, but they were able to get Allison to sign off on it and use their name.  I bet that wasn't a cheap thing to do...lol....Someone at Allison bought new Ferrari's or Lambos from that deal I'm guessing.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Pryme said:

Call whatever you want..lol. It simply works great paired with the Duramax.  No reason to believe it won’t with the 6.6 gas as well.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CRApex said:

Call whatever you want..lol. It simply works great paired with the Duramax.  No reason to believe it won’t with the 6.6 gas as well.

I hope you're right.  And honestly I'm sure it will.  And no to @Pryme.  I'm not going to chase this new trans or infotainment center that you all like to kid me about...BUT, I have been looking....not to buy, just looking is all.  It's good to stay on top of things and technology.  Yup, that's my story and I'm sticking to it...

10 minutes ago, Jettech1 said:

I hope you're right.  And honestly I'm sure it will.  And no to @Pryme.  I'm not going to chase this new trans or infotainment center that you all like to kid me about...BUT, I have been looking....not to buy, just looking is all.  It's good to stay on top of things and technology.  Yup, that's my story and I'm sticking to it...

You know what looking leads to….just sayin

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, CRApex said:

You know what looking leads to….just sayin

No reason to join those others that are trying to egg me on...lol...but if you must...it's all good.  I love fun conversations and poking at each other...It's all good at the end of day...and quite nice too.

50 minutes ago, Jettech1 said:

No reason to join those others that are trying to egg me on...lol...but if you must...it's all good.  I love fun conversations and poking at each other...It's all good at the end of day...and quite nice too.

Exactly - I have to say, I was at the peak of frustration when I came here and all the good chat has eased a lot of pain just being able to have a ****** fest now and then and also learn, everyone in the same stage as I was and the pain was shared all around, it's been a big help. I've been involved in a forum on a completely different thing for 10 years and the best part of it, has been the friends I've made and the people I've got to know. It's always the people that make the difference, and that's cool af. 

Having said that, I would be remiss if I didn't add, "Jett, I get you, but you know what the future holds. It's only a matter of time. FYI, looks like I'll get mine just short of 2 years (this august) Planning ahead is a smart move.  Birdie told me the ordering will be opening up soon for the 24' Chevy's, not right away, but still plenty of time to lock down that "What If" :D  

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Leonardo Willi said:

Exactly - I have to say, I was at the peak of frustration when I came here and all the good chat has eased a lot of pain just being able to have a ****** fest now and then and also learn, everyone in the same stage as I was and the pain was shared all around, it's been a big help. I've been involved in a forum on a completely different thing for 10 years and the best part of it, has been the friends I've made and the people I've got to know. It's always the people that make the difference, and that's cool af. 

Having said that, I would be remiss if I didn't add, "Jett, I get you, but you know what the future holds. It's only a matter of time. FYI, looks like I'll get mine just short of 2 years (this august) Planning ahead is a smart move.  Birdie told me the ordering will be opening up soon for the 24' Chevy's, not right away, but still plenty of time to lock down that "What If" :D  

Noooooo. I do love your comments and yes, it's a nice place to share experiences and to help others.  And it's also so cool to get to know others as well....I love that the most.....BUT NOOOOO.  Can you imagine trading my beautiful beast in for a 2024 that will never look like it....?  I mean c'mon...isn't my beast like super sexy or am I at my old age needs to get my glasses checked....???  I can't stop at a gas station or basically anywhere without someone complimenting me on my truck.  I've never been a rock star, but that truck makes me feel like one....so amazing....LOL!!

20220903_122458.jpg

Edited by Jettech1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Everyday I have to go through the gates of hell with security guards letting me pass through into the parking lot of Delta Air Lines..  you would not believe all the great compliments I get.  They all are like, I love your truck, I love how it's blacked out, very cool truck....almost an everyday thing for me.  I always say thank you and am very grateful....and wish them a great day as well...Yeah my beast is like rolling in a lambo....LOL....  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jettech1 said:

Noooooo. I do love your comments and yes, it's a nice place to share experiences and to help others.  And it's also so cool to get to know others as well....I love that the most.....BUT NOOOOO.  Can you imagine trading my beautiful beast in for a 2024 that will never look like it....?  I mean c'mon...isn't my beast like super sexy or am I at my old age needs to get my glasses checked....???  I can't stop at a gas station or basically anywhere without someone complimenting me on my truck.  I've never been a rock star, but that truck makes me feel like one....so amazing....LOL!!

20220903_122458.jpg

First off, Love it- especially the color. Black is always beautiful. I initially started this (apparently is some fantasy world) expecting to get 21' model. Being honest, I struggled with the nose. Kind of like tequila, it was an acquired taste turned into love. So that's what I did, I told myself to be open minded. Here's a secret, when I saw the front of the 24's? I kind of felt like I missed a piece of something. I've had my build your own truck as wallpaper on all my computers since the start, in that Cherry Red tint color - I've been looking at it for so long, I'm ready for a color switch and black always works. It will match damn near everything I own with tires now HAHA! ~ just meant to be.

Now on the part of "is it hot?" hell yeah! If i saw it I'd say "High Country" for the painted bumpers - Sweet - but I think, you'ld really like the 6" steps in chrome better, that's how I went. Black and Chrome - best color combo ever in my world, but I'm old too. Sadly, I couldn't get the chrome wheels I wanted but it also saved me what, $2500? i wanted the 20" multi dimensional chromes. But, with GMC only 1 20" option for an sle, non-crew cab.  

but I feel ya, I love my 16' "Red Hot" and she's been the absolute best truck I've ever owned since I could drive hands down and come on, who doesn't look at anything bright red?.... I got a free soda from the gal at the drive thru at Arby's the day I took it home. I think she could smell the new truck smell and smiled big and said, that's a pretty truck....HAHA! to be 25 again... :D  ~ Best to ya man. 

• Like 1