2022 Retrofits - Parking Sensors

I'm curious if many people who purchased their trucks with delayed retrofits have started receiving parking sensors.  My 2022 AT4 has had the heated / cooled seats retrofit complete, but still waiting on the heated steering wheels and parking sensors. 

I've seen some people talk about steering wheels and seats, but there's not a ton of info I'm able to find from the dealer or GM about time frames currently.   So, anyone had their parking sensor retrofit completed recently?

I’m waiting for park assist on my ZR2 Silverado. Lately on the GM Authority site they have announced other GM models starting to retro park assist. I hope that’s a sign the Silverado/GMC would be soon. But at this point I’m not sure I really miss it. )

Edited by cef2lion
Added txt
  • Like 1

From what I have heard once the heated steering wheel retrofit is available for all then they will move on the park sensors. I was told Q2 (maybe) is when those would start. 

My seats are done just waiting on rear park now.

Edited by KVelec4326
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jaxcam02 said:

I have been wondering this. What exactly is this park assist function? Is it just the little radar warning beeps up front similar to what we get in the rear?

Yes.  They are located in the front and rear bumper and let you know how far away your bumper is from objects.  I park close to a fence and I didn't realize how much I had grown to rely on them in my '17 Sierra.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE!

Contacted the dealer for service and they mentioned my VIN was flagged for the parking sensor retrofit.  They went ahead and ordered parts, so hopefully I'll have an update in the next few weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE AGAIN

Took the truck in this week for service and the retrofit.  No issues and didn't take very long.  Everything works as I expect it to, and it's so nice to have the sensors given I have to park close to a fence.  Definitely took these things for granted before.  

• Like 2