CHECK YOUR DIFFS...

Put my "a-hole" hat on and got more information about the 2024 from my dealer service team. Parts department can't pull up any info with my vin - too new was the excuse which is bs.

Appears to be same rear-end as 20-23s. 3.17 Qts 75w90. Waiting for a call back to confirm the fill level below the fill plug hole.

Dealership came through big time. I stopped up and my service advisor handed me a brand new qt of 75w90. I asked if low diffs are common - and he said "all the time." He claimed after pdi test drive, the tech should be checking and topping off as they KNOW this is common. He made a note to talk to the tech that did my pdi. 

He offered to have me drop off the truck but I told him I can handle it. Good to know some dealerships are still good 👍🏻

• Like 4

7 hours ago, the8rotor said:

@newdude really sorry to keep bugging you, my dealer is of no help.

Can you confirm rear fill specs are the same on my 2024 as a 2023, as well as fluid being 75w90 for the rear? Manual says "see dealer" and my dealer is not helping. 

I’m not the Newdude but it’s the same exact rear diff so it will have the same specs and fluid. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, the8rotor said:

Put my "a-hole" hat on and got more information about the 2024 from my dealer service team. Parts department can't pull up any info with my vin - too new was the excuse which is bs.

Appears to be same rear-end as 20-23s. 3.17 Qts 75w90. Waiting for a call back to confirm the fill level below the fill plug hole.

I think Newdude already stated it’s a range of at the fill hole to .4” below

• Like 1

14 hours ago, the8rotor said:

Dealership came through big time. I stopped up and my service advisor handed me a brand new qt of 75w90. I asked if low diffs are common - and he said "all the time." He claimed after pdi test drive, the tech should be checking and topping off as they KNOW this is common. He made a note to talk to the tech that did my pdi. 

He offered to have me drop off the truck but I told him I can handle it. Good to know some dealerships are still good 👍🏻

I was told recently that the PDI no longer included a "test drive" If your dealer is still doing that you should stick with them for sure. Other than scratching up the drivers door sill plate when they put the boards on my 2021 I think they checked the color of the paint and signed off on it. I am not surprised though, unfortunately this dealer has given me many reasons to doubt them over the years. The local one that my son worked at isnt any better. 

1 hour ago, the8rotor said:

Yeah, I just wanted to confirm that was the same for 24s as well. Thankfully the dealership did.

Yes, the same.

PDI no longer includes a test drive.  GM dropped that starting 2019 claiming the plants were adding checks on their end to avoid the test drive at the dealer aka GM didn't want to pay 1hr any more for PDI.  We don't even PDI test the batteries any more.  Those now come as the car sits on the lot via vehicle battery health notice through onstar.

Washer fluid, check fluid levels (good luck with that one) install anything that needs to be installed (antennas, bolt on wheel caps, hub caps, etc.) and install any LPO accessories (GM accessories ordered at the time of vehicle build like running boards, mud flaps, etc.).  

Edited by newdude
  • Like 2

Appreciate the info.

Unless both the Service Advisor and Sales guy are lying to me - both stated they do test drive for pdi. Truck had 1 mile on the odometer pre-pdi when I first saw it, 4 miles when I got it officially. Hopefully that was for the pdi 🤣

Once upon a time in a time far far behind us PDI covered it all. Even checking with gauges door, hood and trunk lid gaps. Hood and door standoff bumper heights. Alignment check. Headlight aim. Fluids. Wheel bearing grease and torques. Even a full tank of gas. Even did paint corrections and a full detailing. My how times have changed. 

6 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Once upon a time in a time far far behind us PDI covered it all. Even checking with gauges door, hood and trunk lid gaps. Hood and door standoff bumper heights. Alignment check. Headlight aim. Fluids. Wheel bearing grease and torques. Even a full tank of gas. Even did paint corrections and a full detailing. My how times have changed. 

Pretty crazy what used to be done back in the day. I'll never forget receiving my wife's 2019 1500 RST with the bed misaligned 3/4". Had to wait a couple weeks for the body shop to fix it. 

Sad that expecting the norm is exceptional these days. Yet every damned restaurant always has a "tip" question before paying.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, the8rotor said:

Pretty crazy what used to be done back in the day. I'll never forget receiving my wife's 2019 1500 RST with the bed misaligned 3/4". Had to wait a couple weeks for the body shop to fix it. 

Sad that expecting the norm is exceptional these days. Yet every damned restaurant always has a "tip" question before paying.

I was at subway and when you run your card it has the option for 15,18 or 20% tip. Yeah sorry, that’s a big NO. A sit down restaurant, yes. Not fast food. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Pryme said:

I was at subway and when you run your card it has the option for 15,18 or 20% tip. Yeah sorry, that’s a big NO. A sit down restaurant, yes. Not fast food. 

That depends on if you pay before they make it or afterwards.

• Haha 2

The HD trucks are run on the rollers to check for issues, sort of like a dyno, every one gets that and a number are actually test driven for "squeaks and rattles". They do spend quite a bit of effort on validation and testing in an attempt to curb warranty issues. 

4 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

That depends on if you pay before they make it or afterwards.

True haha. If I'm in the drive thru at Jimmy Johns I always pay cash so they can get me my sammie before I tell them to pound sand on the tip as they fumble for cash.

• Haha 2