New old 2022s

The MSRP on that truck is :crazy:.  Just seven short years ago I bought Pepper off a lot as a used, 1,300-mile, adult driven one owner truck for less than 1/4 of that price. Could have bought it new for 1/3 of that price. Talk about sticker shock! :rollin:

Looks like I'll be eating dog food in a few years and living in a pup tent. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

The MSRP on that truck is :crazy:.  Just seven short years ago I bought Pepper off a lot as a used, 1,300-mile, adult driven one owner truck for less than 1/4 of that price. Could have bought it new for 1/3 of that price. Talk about sticker shock! :rollin:

That’s why I always suggest keeping overhead low, buy property. Our SS cola went up 600$ per month. My rent house brings in 20K per year. I’m saving money retired. I’m not even trying. I’ll never have to touch my IRA. I wouldn’t buy a full size truck because there’s other options. Just too much money.

• Like 2

I just looked at that link again today for that 22 High Country and now it's only 500 off MSRP.  LOL!!!!  It wasn't really a bargain at 7k off in my mind.  They must have gotten some interest on it with the 7k off....gotta love dealerships.  

On 4/24/2023 at 9:49 AM, Grumpy Bear said:

I'll probably be right there with you.  Can we make our little own tent city in Miami please?  I hate the cold....We can talk about the good ole days and pass the time on the beach gazing at the "sights"  🤣😎 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

When I was searching for my 23 I ran across more than a few 22 models (I figured they were unreleased models due to chips)... they didn't have huge discounts but did have a few k off

Really depends on location and dealer....

Even on 24s I hear some saying their discounted where I see markups in other places

21 hours ago, BB68 said:

You'll take a 25k hit just driving it off the lot..

Maybe not quite that much but you are absolutely right.  There will be a huge hit the second you sign the paperwork and cross the white line.

16 hours ago, Jettech1 said:

Maybe not quite that much but you are absolutely right.  There will be a huge hit the second you sign the paperwork and cross the white line.

You just got to figure when your dealing that its going to be a 2 year old pickup the minute you buy it regardless the miles.

I once tried to trade in a pickup that was less than a year old, couldnt make it happen. When I did eventually trade it in 2.5s years later the allotted trade value was the same.  

• Like 1