In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

I want a thread to just argue about a rock and whatever else is on your mind.

Jettech1

5 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

My first was a 67 California Special. My second was an 85 GT. My only new one was a 95 6 cylinder, actually it was my wife’s. I wasn’t a Ford enthusiast. I’m with you on the LX. According to Hot Rod they were lighter and faster than the GT.

They were quite a bit lighter and faster.  I loved speed so much back then.  I put in different rear end gears, long tube headers, etc, etc.  That car was so much fun.  Going home at night after work, of which was 11:30pm.  My goal was to see how far I could roll the needle beyond 140.  I 75 south heading towards McDonough, GA.  I did get the needle at the 6 o'clock position many times...There was no traffic back then.  I-75 was the race track from hell....

• Like 1

I traded a 69 roadrunner for the 67 mustang. That was during my fixing and trading days. I did that for years. The 85 belong to my nephew. It was pristine except it got hail damage. The insurance company totaled it and l brought it from the insurance company. It was dimpled on the whole top side. It still looked good no broken glass. I bought it hoping my son would get interested in drag racing. I had so many toys at the time plus working out of town it just sat. I sold it to our shop Forman. 

6 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I traded a 69 roadrunner for the 67 mustang. That was during my fixing and trading days. I did that for years. The 85 belong to my nephew. It was pristine except it got hail damage. The insurance company totaled it and l brought it from the insurance company. It was dimpled on the whole top side. It still looked good no broken glass. I bought it hoping my son would get interested in drag racing. I had so many toys at the time plus working out of town it just sat. I sold it to our shop Forman. 

I think we all have regrets from the hot cars we had back than that we sold...to be in my 20's or 30's again....dear lord....lol...

• Like 1

In that pic I posted there was a gray colored car in the background...That was the car I bought for my wife in 91.  That was the most amazing front wheel drive car I've ever driven in my life.  It was a 91 Acura Legend 2 door.  That thing would chirp 2nd gear at full throttle...it was such an amazing car.  Like I said, I always hated front wheel drive cars....that thing was amazing!!  The only reason we got rid of it because it was a BIG car.  And she couldn't help bumping the front bumper off pretty much anything in her parking garage...yeah...lol

Edited by Jettech1

27 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

My only V8 Mustang. T5 trans. 89 GT HB.

I had several 60's I-6's.

Picked this photo off the net. Mine was black but otherwise the same. 

Find used 1989 Ford Mustang GT Hatchback 2-Door 5.0L in Fairfax ...

My 85 was just like that one but red. 

• Like 2

Won't go into a lot of detail, it would be a lot of typing.

I'm tired of hearing the word "Sorry". The fix it all word.

Been dealing with a bad case of sciatica for 3 weeks. ER twice because the pain was unbearable, couldn't sleep. Some other dealings that aren't important. 

I heard the word "Sorry" so many times during this time it was ridiculous. "Sorry" is supposed to fix everything when the truth is they made a mistake or didn't do their job. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

Been dealing with a bad case of sciatica for 3 weeks. ER twice because the pain was unbearable, couldn't sleep. Some other dealings that aren't important. 

I heard the word "Sorry" so many times during this time it was ridiculous. "Sorry" is supposed to fix everything when the truth is they made a mistake or didn't do their job. 

Dishonest professionals are especially evil. More so when it comes to doctors. My wife due to a professional screw up endured 5 surgeries in five years to become almost normal with monthly physical therapy visits. My daughter needs a certain medication that unfortunately has a side effect that causes people to lose weight. So it’s in short supply being prescribed for unintended uses. And lastly my second daughter was almost killed by a drunk pediatrician who unfortunately was on call the weekend my daughter got an infection in her neck. He over the phone says mumps when the swelling was caused by a bug bite. Easy identified because there was a fever present. By the time they saw her that Monday they rushed her to surgery. She was there for a week. I only have a relationship with my doctor for blood pressure medicine. You could know what you need. But you still have to endure 6 months of tests just in case. The last time it was an especially bad pollen season. It was causing discomfort more than usual. I’m refrain from pain pills if I can help it. Being on blood pressure medication. I asked about the safest allergy meds. Saying chest pressure was the trigger word. After 6 months of testing proving something I already knew and after allergy season he answered the question. Yea professionals my favorite people.

1 hour ago, diyer2 said:

It's a word that has changed meaning with time and its use is indeed up six-fold. (Etymology online). Currently its meaning, ""repentant, remorseful, contrite", is said with insincerity and often distain.  "Not Sorry". Making a joke of it to the point it now humiliates those truly sorry. I still use it but am more inclined to offer a formal and pointed apology. Just to keep the confusion to a minimum. Crow isn't that bad with served with a side of humility. 

On the other topic, sciatica, brother I feel for you. Hit's me about mid-winter every year now. Chiropractic has been the most useful and still incomplete relief. Simple walking helps allot. At least for me. 

54 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

The last time it was an especially bad pollen season.

Childrens Benadryl is the only thing that works for me during pollen season. 25 vs 50 mg per tab. I can moderate the dose most days to be effective 'enough' and not put me down for the day. No idea how that works with BP meds though. I've tried about a dozen of the others. Zip....

Navage is really effective. Fact is, I skip the machine and just snort salt RO water in my palm. Pretty sure no BP interference with that method. My aunt suffered her children with that when cold season struck. If for some reason it doesn't do the trick, I trade the water for a palm of Tequela. A snoot full of that will stop an elephant. 🤫 

31 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

It's a word that has changed meaning with time and its use is indeed up six-fold. (Etymology online). Currently its meaning, ""repentant, remorseful, contrite", is said with insincerity and often distain.  "Not Sorry". Making a joke of it to the point it now humiliates those truly sorry. I still use it but am more inclined to offer a formal and pointed apology. Just to keep the confusion to a minimum. Crow isn't that bad with served with a side of humility. 

On the other topic, sciatica, brother I feel for you. Hit's me about mid-winter every year now. Chiropractic has been the most useful and still incomplete relief. Simple walking helps allot. At least for me. 

Childrens Benadryl is the only thing that works for me during pollen season. 25 vs 50 mg per tab. I can moderate the dose most days to be effective 'enough' and not put me down for the day. No idea how that works with BP meds though. I've tried about a dozen of the others. Zip....

Navage is really effective. Fact is, I skip the machine and just snort salt RO water in my palm. Pretty sure no BP interference with that method. My aunt suffered her children with that when cold season struck. If for some reason it doesn't do the trick, I trade the water for a palm of Tequela. A snoot full of that will stop an elephant. 🤫 

I’ll try it, thank you. The recommendation from the doctor caused rapid heart beat. My most effective is regular Tylenol. But you have to be careful as with most medications. As I get older I worry less about liver, kidney problems using over the counter medications. Mainly because I used them sparingly though my life. Same with adult beverages. 

• Like 1

I can't stand the words "MY BAD" when someone did something wrong they say it, I use to hear it at work before I retired mostly men in there 20s and 30s, when they would say it to me I always came back saying " What are you 6 years old tell me you screwed up made a mistake or F'ed up that's something a little kid would say". Didn't hear it that much before I left.

Edited by Silverado4x4
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

The games GM plays with their customers. They get sued for breach of warranty and the winning defense is, "warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship but as it is a design flaw, it is not covered"? (Honda used this defense, and won, in 2006 for poorly designed rear upper control arms that ate tires like popcorn). 

One member here uses 12 quarts of oil, while towing inside his limit, over 4,000 miles and this is "normal" as it is being used for what it was designed for thus the quart in a thousand does not apply. :mad: 

Good luck selling me another GM anything. Flaw runs across ALL motor platforms. If they can't play like grownups, then they don't play in my yard. Gas, diesel or electric. 

• Like 1

People keep telling me we have better motors and better oil today than we did in the 60's. These people are either selling something 'new' or so young as to have no actual firsthand memory. As an owner and driver of several 200K mile 60/70's FORDS I never experienced oil consumption then as I do now. Never had a motor problem I couldn't sort out in minutes either. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy Bear said:

People keep telling me we have better motors and better oil today than we did in the 60's. These people are either selling something 'new' or so young as to have no actual firsthand memory. As an owner and driver of several 200K mile 60/70's FORDS I never experienced oil consumption then as I do now. Never had a motor problem I couldn't sort out in minutes either. 

Growing up in New Jersey by 60K miles the body was rotting out. I think in a non scientific way the best GM engines were from the the LT1s to 2006 before cylinder deactivation. I’ve seen my brother in law during that time period routinely hit 300K miles with GM small blocks in Tahoes and Suburbans including 1 GM truck. His daily Tahoe was his wife’s family vehicle, put his daughter through college and now close to 300K miles become his to work vehicle. His newest a 2013 is crossing 130K miles. Sitting next to his 69 Firebird is the 2005 Truck that put his oldest daughter through college.  Once a family vehicle with high mileage as a backup to Tahoe. Just under 200K miles. He saving it for retirement in a couple of years because he likes it so much. All routine maintenance. 

Edited by KARNUT
  • Like 2