I want a thread to just argue about a rock and whatever else is on your mind.

Jettech1

I was going to work the other day going my usual 40mph speed, and this young woman passed me in the center lane looking at her phone when she went my by me, like I don't have time for this....

So the light at the first intersection I hit during my morning commute is very long on the opposite side, but very quick on the side that I get stopped at. Basically, if you are turning left, you have to go the first chance you get when traffic is clear on a blinking yellow, or immediately  when that green arrow shows up or you will be stuck for an eternity waiting.

...The amount of people who are distracted by their phones or other things and don't go when this light turns green is so unbelievably maddening it will make you want to tear your hair out. It is especially annoying since I literally commute with these people every morning and everybody in the area knows that this light is infamously bad. It is to the point where if someone is not paying attention, this light could literally go through its cycle and only 2-3 people can turn at once, among the 15 others who are patiently waiting behind them.

It feels good to vent, haha.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jettech1 said:

Totally agree and when I do, they are on my ass or passing me.

I have that problem every day. There’re doing construction on most roads around me. In preparation for all the new subdivisions going up around me. 

I'm running late today. That almost never happens but today... I get up on I-39 where the speed limit is 70 and of course it is much, MUCH faster. I speed it up. Like I said I'm late. 73 and still getting passed like I'm parked. that doesn't bother me. I'm normally slower and in the right lane. But I'm humming along at 73 in traffic doing maybe 85 and most of that truck traffic when all the sudden I see brake lights as far as one can see. Rat's! I think; this is normally an accident and I just passed the last exit; traffic slows to a crawl. Nope, not an accident, a speed trap. 

Over reaction burns my bacon. Going to get someone killed. And yea, I was indeed late, and my appointment given to a walk in. :banghead:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OffTheAir said:

So the light at the first intersection I hit during my morning commute is very long on the opposite side, but very quick on the side that I get stopped at. Basically, if you are turning left, you have to go the first chance you get when traffic is clear on a blinking yellow, or immediately  when that green arrow shows up or you will be stuck for an eternity waiting.

...The amount of people who are distracted by their phones or other things and don't go when this light turns green is so unbelievably maddening it will make you want to tear your hair out. It is especially annoying since I literally commute with these people every morning and everybody in the area knows that this light is infamously bad. It is to the point where if someone is not paying attention, this light could literally go through its cycle and only 2-3 people can turn at once, among the 15 others who are patiently waiting behind them.

It feels good to vent, haha.

You would not believe the crap show I see everyday going to work at the Atlanta airport.  It's dangerous to be honest.  Delta has assured us that more preventive measures are being looked at.  Today I had someone almost take off the front of my truck trying to get into my lane when they realized they weren't in the correct lane.  They were backing people up trying to get by them, talk about a total crap show.... 

• Like 1

Sixty two mph governed trucks that honk at you for doing 65 when they can catch a few extra past the limiter going down grade and then ask for your indulgence when they can't get their overweight butt's up the next grade at 55.

Or the guy on governor that tries to pass on a four lane and is one mph faster and takes about 5 miles to make that pass holding up the wax works. Guy behind you starts with the horn and lights like you can do something about it. So, I do. I slow down 10 mph and let the guy trying to pass around. Guy behind me lays on the horn longer and flips you off. :wtf: Guess his steering wheel is locked or something. :P

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jettech1 said:

You would not believe the crap show I see everyday going to work at the Atlanta airport.  It's dangerous to be honest.  Delta has assured us that more preventive measures are being looked at.  Today I had someone almost take off the front of my truck trying to get into my lane when they realized they weren't in the correct lane.  They were backing people up trying to get by them, talk about a total crap show.... 

Georga is something else. Only state I know of where traffic moving 20 over the limit is being passed by cops doing 40 over. 

• Like 1

I used to be the guy passing everyone. But that was during the double nickel days. I’m perfectly content with the speed limit today. During my trips from  the lake Conroe area to Fayetteville at 72 MPH I’m the slow guy. Even some big rigs pass me. If there’re doing the hill dance I’ll stay ahead but not slow them down. I actually plan my travel to hit Atlanta on the weekend. It’s the worst for traffic I’ve seen. Yes including Houston. I don’t mind the 20 over speeders with one exception. They’ll line up in the left lane and stay there. They can’t be bothered moving to the right. So you have to be mindful of weigh stations where trucks are bundled together getting up to speed. So you move to the left and by law ( a little known fact) you have to match their speed. But of course there’s always that one guy who at five miles under moves over. What you end with is a 55 MPH traffic jam until the trucks get up to speed. Then they catch up to the slow guy and they start passing him going uphill doing 56 MPH. The fast drivers start passing the truck to the right keeping him from getting back left. If people would just calculate all that nonsense they’d realize they’re not really getting there faster. If they really wanted to get into the weeds their gas mileage suffers. The extra time there’re at the gas station negated the speed advantage. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

I'm running late today. That almost never happens but today... I get up on I-39 where the speed limit is 70 and of course it is much, MUCH faster. I speed it up. Like I said I'm late. 73 and still getting passed like I'm parked. that doesn't bother me. I'm normally slower and in the right lane. But I'm humming along at 73 in traffic doing maybe 85 and most of that truck traffic when all the sudden I see brake lights as far as one can see. Rat's! I think; this is normally an accident and I just passed the last exit; traffic slows to a crawl. Nope, not an accident, a speed trap. 

Over reaction burns my bacon. Going to get someone killed. And yea, I was indeed late, and my appointment given to a walk in. :banghead:

Wait, they have speed traps in Illinois? Even at 5 or 10 over I get passed like I’m standing still going through Chicago. I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone pulled over.

On the subject of the interstate, it boils my blood when people don’t move over or slow down and let you onto it! The merge lane is pretty short, people. Or when someone ahead of you is only driving 35 MPH up the on-ramp, sentencing you to certain death. Also hate when people don’t move over for disabled vehicles or traffic stops when there’s no reason they can’t. Like everyone has lane-lock on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OnTheReel said:

Wait, they have speed traps in Illinois? Even at 5 or 10 over I get passed like I’m standing still going through Chicago. I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone pulled over.

On the subject of the interstate, it boils my blood when people don’t move over or slow down and let you onto it! The merge lane is pretty short, people. Or when someone ahead of you is only driving 35 MPH up the on-ramp, sentencing you to certain death. Also hate when people don’t move over for disabled vehicles or traffic stops when there’s no reason they can’t. Like everyone has lane-lock on.

Merging is supposed to be the responsibility of the merger. You’re supposed to be at posted speed entering. Imagine a semi’s day. Having to move over at every on ramp. I’ll help out. Usually I’ll speed up. They usually end up passing me. Why not just do it entering in the first place. If someone’s going to slow entering I back way down and give them room. There’re usually pushed to the shoulder. As far as speed checks I see plenty. On the interstate they must be set at 80. Both my phones GPS give speed trap warnings. At 72 MPH I don’t have to worry.

2 hours ago, KARNUT said:

Merging is supposed to be the responsibility of the merger. You’re supposed to be at posted speed entering. Imagine a semi’s day. Having to move over at every on ramp. I’ll help out. Usually I’ll speed up. They usually end up passing me. Why not just do it entering in the first place. If someone’s going to slow entering I back way down and give them room. There’re usually pushed to the shoulder. As far as speed checks I see plenty. On the interstate they must be set at 80. Both my phones GPS give speed trap warnings. At 72 MPH I don’t have to worry.

I don’t think we disagree here. Just advocating for common sense and etiquette in merging. As someone already on the highway you can see the string of cars attempting to get on long before they see you. If you have the ability to move over or adjust your speed to avoid conflict, you should. Things go a hell of a lot smoother. We have 4+ lanes here and unfortunately most people drive like magnetic fields are keeping them stuck in either the leftmost or rightmost ones. Semis are rarely the problem. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, diyer2 said:

I won't waste my time complaining about something I can do nothing about. 

Oh c'mon man...lol....sometimes it's nice to just have an open forum to get things off your chest.  It's like a forum therapy.  I think we all have something that just drives us nuts at times.  We can't change it either, but sometimes it's nice to just ****** about it and tell others what pisses you off.  Most of what I'm seeing others say, I can totally agree with.  Can I change it no.  But it's nice to just bleed off some stress sometimes.  Like going camping, or having a sunday dinner with family, or just hanging out at the house in your underwear drinking beer and doing absolutely nothing.....

10 minutes ago, CamGTP said:

I got one. I think Jettech likes hearing himself talk lol. I mean there is a new thread by him nearly twice a week or more.

Should I tone it down a bit in your opinion?  I'm not here to annoy others at all.