I want a thread to just argue about a rock and whatever else is on your mind.

Jettech1

8 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

I don’t think we disagree here. Just advocating for common sense and etiquette in merging. As someone already on the highway you can see the string of cars attempting to get on long before they see you. If you have the ability to move over or adjust your speed to avoid conflict, you should. Things go a hell of a lot smoother. We have 4+ lanes here and unfortunately most people drive like magnetic fields are keeping them stuck in either the leftmost or rightmost ones. Semis are rarely the problem. 

We actually are kinda agreeing. Everyone should pay attention. I’m just reminding people the rules of the road. Right and dead is still dead. If you hit someone merging on the freeway, you’ll get the ticket. If you impede traffic by merging too slowly you’ll get the ticket. If you move to the left to pass and impede traffic even if you’re going the speed limit you could get a ticket. If you hang in the left lane you could get a ticket. Most people either don’t know that or don’t care. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jettech1 said:

Should I tone it down a bit in your opinion?  I'm not here to annoy others at all.

Hell no. Screw them. How many oil change threads can there be. I like it when new blood comes in. Let her rip. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have several walking parks to choose from daily. Two are east towards or in town. One west the other south. I have two roads to choose from to go east, about the same travel time. Due to the brilliance of our city planners road construction is going on both to town roads. Doesn’t bother me I have time. But people who commute are losing their mind. So I avoid during rush hours. As of yesterday new construction on the last one too. The city council should really read the comments sections online or in the local paper. Very amusing.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Wait, they have speed traps in Illinois? Even at 5 or 10 over I get passed like I’m standing still going through Chicago. I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone pulled over.

Funny thing. Rarely do you see a trap withing the burbs area. South 355 sometimes. But out in the state past the Chicago area, yea, often. Holiday season thick as bugs on a trucker's bumper. Within the city limits as the speed limit goes down the traffic goes faster. Silliest thing I've ever seen. They drive 75 or so between Rockford and say, Randel Road, then speed up to 85 past that. 

12 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

People that don't pick up after their dogs in public spaces. People that let their dog crap in your yard. 

Dog Waste Station Sign Pooper Scooper Poop Bag Round MDF Wood Sign | eBay

I grew up in a farm area in New Jersey and ended up on a farm. German Shepherd were our dogs of choice. They ran loose. I never gave it a thought. They came in at night excellent guard dogs. They kept bad dogs away from us. After marrying my wife liked terriers. Just as protective in a small package, comical really. We have a nice fenced area for our dogs. Even if my wife walks the dog in our yard it’s on a leash. If you get close to my wife your socks are in jeopardy. Once inside and properly introduced your ok. On walking trails people generally play by the rules. They need to kid’s play on the grass. I’ve without thinking hollered at offenders. My wife tells me I look scary mad. I never saw that guy in the mirror. Good thing I don’t know if this old a$$ could back up that mouth. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Good thing I don’t know if this old a$$ could back up that mouth. 

My brother says, "I'm old, fat and out of shape but for thirty seconds I'm all in." I've seen him knock horses out. Never mess with the old guys. 😉 

• Like 2

Oh yeah, this just came to mind.  Apparently when you make an appt to have warranty work done on your truck or any vehicle these days, that appt. is to drop the vehicle off, not for them to jump on it like a NASCAR pit crew and actually perform work on it.  My truck sat at a GMC dealership for a week only for them to tell me nothing is wrong with it.  I was like seriously???  really???  That annoyed the crap out of me.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

My brother says, "I'm old, fat and out of shape but for thirty seconds I'm all in." I've seen him knock horses out. Never mess with the old guys. 😉 

It's called old man strength and it is real....👍

• Thanks 1

How about when you park in a deserted and far away area of the lot only to come out and find a car on both sides and at least one end so tight you can't get in your truck? :mad: Oh and the rest of the lot is close to empty. :banghead:

1 minute ago, Grumpy Bear said:

How about when you park in a deserted and far away area of the lot only to come out and find a car on both sides and at least one end so tight you can't get in your truck? :mad: Oh and the rest of the lot is close to empty. :banghead:

Yup, had that happen before.  I wanted to kill everyone involved, luckily I cherish life for all others too.  They did it on purpose.  I just get in and say to myself, you got me...little bastards....lol....

• Haha 1