First 1000 miles in the books

Thought I'd check in with some "1000 miles thoughts" on the 24' Sierra - 

I feel like the fuel consumption is ticking up a fuzz. Power seems to be a little crisper and most of all, the brakes are certainly picking up their game. Now I just saw that necro thread about soft brakes - I didn't have it as bad as some others, but it wasn't the feel I was used to with the 16'. Jet I think said, "give it 2000 miles" sounds right.

If I had a complaint it would be my confidence keeping it between the lines. I feel like I'm still sketchy getting used to the little bit more WB with this dbl cab. I might play with tire pressures and see it that helps. If I had to express what I'm feeling, it would be the front end feels just a bit off with input/response and maybe overall feel. I was expecting the 20's with a shorter sidewall would be crisper compared to the 18" on the 2016'. 

Anyhow, going for first oil change in the morning. 1000 miles should have all the loose particles and whatever hopefully isn't in there flushed out. 

And if I'm being honest, the new tech in the infotainment center (dash screen) is still annoying because the operator hasn't put in much effort to learning about it. 

One last ******, and I saw someone else say it - the fan speed for heat/air - I would rather a knob, like the radio instead of this button in a strange place. Who was it said "Great position for a oompa loompa" ??? - (which I had to look up and laughed) ~ Yep - nailed it!  And everything is all black, my vision sucks and gotta put glasses on once in a while since I cant read wtf is what until I learn it like brail :D  Overall, yeah, buttons, controls, all seem to be lower. 

All in all, if that's the worst ****** I have? that's pretty good. I'm a glass half full person and fit the category of "best type customer ever" because I've done the job and understand how the system works.  

Edited by Leonardo Willi

10 hours ago, Leonardo Willi said:

Thought I'd check in with some "1000 miles thoughts" on the 24' Sierra - 

I feel like the fuel consumption is ticking up a fuzz. Power seems to be a little crisper and most of all, the brakes are certainly picking up their game. Now I just saw that necro thread about soft brakes - I didn't have it as bad as some others, but it wasn't the feel I was used to with the 16'. Jet I think said, "give it 2000 miles" sounds right.

If I had a complaint it would be my confidence keeping it between the lines. I feel like I'm still sketchy getting used to the little bit more WB with this dbl cab. I might play with tire pressures and see it that helps. If I had to express what I'm feeling, it would be the front end feels just a bit off with input/response and maybe overall feel. I was expecting the 20's with a shorter sidewall would be crisper compared to the 18" on the 2016'. 

Anyhow, going for first oil change in the morning. 1000 miles should have all the loose particles and whatever hopefully isn't in there flushed out. 

And if I'm being honest, the new tech in the infotainment center (dash screen) is still annoying because the operator hasn't put in much effort to learning about it. 

One last ******, and I saw someone else say it - the fan speed for heat/air - I would rather a knob, like the radio instead of this button in a strange place. Who was it said "Great position for a oompa loompa" ??? - (which I had to look up and laughed) ~ Yep - nailed it!  And everything is all black, my vision sucks and gotta put glasses on once in a while since I cant read wtf is what until I learn it like brail :D  Overall, yeah, buttons, controls, all seem to be lower. 

All in all, if that's the worst ****** I have? that's pretty good. I'm a glass half full person and fit the category of "best type customer ever" because I've done the job and understand how the system works.  

Shoulda got the poverty model I.e. W/T. It has a glorious rubber clad big dial for fan speed. Very tactical feel. I do prefer the simpler set ups

The front end feel is something others have mentioned. One thing that might help is to grease the front suspension 9 different grease points. Not many folks have commented that the dealership did this during PDI. All fittings have generally under greased from the factory.

Greasing the front end wont change the feel of the front end any. My 24 is exactly the same as my 21 was. Its a big heavy truck in a world of rack and pinion. Its a throwback of sorts. 

Dealer PDI has been scaled back and more emphasis placed on the assembly plant checks. The front end doesnt require more grease. The pieces in the fittings are greased when assembled. Adding grease to them when its brand new wont accomplish anything. Swollen grease boots dont make the joints any tighter.