Best Deals on 2024

26 minutes ago, Gangly said:

On a side note, inventory lots are BACKED up right now in Houston.  Yep, Seeing the same thing.  Every dealers a little different but even with them being to control supply with their allocations, they are just not moving trucks in any significant volume - Period. 

The next 6 months should be a good time to get a deal for those of us who are patient and willing to purchase a 2023 model instead of a 2024. - Agree, my 23 was heavily incentivized.  GM/Costco and Dealer. The 24's not as much. 

2 hours ago, ember1205 said:

There's a lot of stuff showing up more recently where dealers are taking every possible incentive that is available on a vehicle purchase and showing them all together for a collective 'discount' amount. The problem is that they all exist, but literally NO ONE would be able to qualify for all of them. You have to look at the details to understand how they are reaching that number and then start backing out the stuff that doesn't apply.

I saw a lot of this when looking, some dealers were advertising and taking into account, Student Discounts, Military discounts, GM Loyalty and GM Trade and then 0.9 Financing which isn't stackable. 

It's a really good exercise in finding out the dealership you really want to deal with.  The reluctancy for many of them to provide a complete sales order without you being there in person was also entertaining. 

9 minutes ago, 21GMC said:

I saw a lot of this when looking, some dealers were advertising and taking into account, Student Discounts, Military discounts, GM Loyalty and GM Trade and then 0.9 Financing which isn't stackable. 

It's a really good exercise in finding out the dealership you really want to deal with.  The reluctancy for many of them to provide a complete sales order without you being there in person was also entertaining. 

Yep. My '24 was challenging to secure to say the least. Dealer sent me a brochure offering "$1000 over KBB value" then tried to short me by being $1500 under. They tried every justification in the book, but my sole retort was "You established the baseline when you sent the mailer indicating that the starting point was KBB. None of the reasons you have provided have in any way tied back to that baseline."

I walked. We went on vacation. We did more work around the house.

I went back five weeks later and had the above general conversation with the General Sales Manager and added "you have now dropped the selling price of the truck by another $1200 because and it has been sitting here for five weeks. It could have been off of your lot and in the sold column last month if we could have had this discussion then."

They caved.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ember1205 said:

Yep. My '24 was challenging to secure to say the least. Dealer sent me a brochure offering "$1000 over KBB value" then tried to short me by being $1500 under. They tried every justification in the book, but my sole retort was "You established the baseline when you sent the mailer indicating that the starting point was KBB. None of the reasons you have provided have in any way tied back to that baseline."

I walked. We went on vacation. We did more work around the house.

I went back five weeks later and had the above general conversation with the General Sales Manager and added "you have now dropped the selling price of the truck by another $1200 because and it has been sitting here for five weeks. It could have been off of your lot and in the sold column last month if we could have had this discussion then."

They caved.

I really believe they just think an educated buyer is 2% of the type of buyers they deal with, meaning you walk and 10 minutes later the 2nd guy comes in and they get to rip the guy/girl off on purchase and trade simultaneously.  The days of everyone paying over MSRP are over, they really need to get with the program. 

In my case the purchase price part was agreed in about an hour. Once that was done the trade back and forth was nearly 5 days.  I also spoke with the GM and the needle started to move.  Mine was an end of month sale (11/24). That could have played a part?

My truck had been on the lot 86 days until I drove it off. Most of their other sierras very similar. 

8 minutes ago, 21GMC said:

I really believe they just think an educated buyer is 2% of the type of buyers they deal with, meaning you walk and 10 minutes later the 2nd guy comes in and they get to rip the guy/girl off on purchase and trade simultaneously.  The days of everyone paying over MSRP are over, they really need to get with the program. 

In my case the purchase price part was agreed in about an hour. Once that was done the trade back and forth was nearly 5 days.  I also spoke with the GM and the needle started to move.  Mine was an end of month sale (11/24). That could have played a part?

My truck had been on the lot 86 days until I drove it off. Most of their other sierras very similar. 

They were intending to sell the truck below MSRP. The first visit generated the obligatory "we aren't making any money at this price" comment. That turned out to be amusing because they dropped the price another $1200 before I ultimately bought it. AND they raised the trade value of my truck up to that of KBB which was actually appropriate. So, yeah... not making money before? Now you're losing a considerable amount of money. (not) But hey... FAFO.

I initially saw the truck on the day it hit the lot - early in the month. Didn't buy it until close to the end of the next month.

3 hours ago, 21GMC said:

I just got KBB high book value for my trade, Did the first offer from them come in that high?? Absolutely not but eventually they paid what according to KBB they should have.  But any discussion on trade took place after the new vehicle price was agreed.

$20K is excessive. but pretty sure I am not the only one who has had pretty decent luck with incentives, my 21 had a sticker of $56.5k - I ended up getting $8k off, $1k GM accessory cash and 0% financing on a 3-year term.  

Getting KBB on trades is not a big deal in the last 18-months........Used vehicles are still insane priced and KBB is behind the market. I got $41K on my 2020 Silverado ($4K over KBB) in May of this year when I purchased my 2023 High Country. 

$8K is a far cry from $20k.....just sayin'. 

Not saying you can't get some great deals, but these blatant false advertising deals are a rip off......But seems some people must still fall for them. I won't touch dealers that play those games......

I follow the market pretty close but havent seen any GM trucks listed for more than 11k off, resale is far better with GM than Ram.......still seen some adding to MSRP if you can believe that

6k-11k off GM 1500s is best ive seen, each dealer is in a different position so just find the right one

can confirm you can get 12-18k off on a ram at right dealer, they are seriously hurting and way overstocked and way overpriced.....had a few call me with insane deals but dont want one

purchased alot of trucks recently for good prices and it does matter on how you approach the deal, sure you would have to walk or pass on a few, but Ram is sucking wind right now......most likely be a 22 or 23 model as well....they finance these vehicles same as we do so 200 days on the lot isnt good.....its not gonna get better so one more sold today is better than nothing

Edited by Dunn

12 hours ago, Dunn said:

I follow the market pretty close but havent seen any GM trucks listed for more than 11k off, resale is far better with GM than Ram.......still seen some adding to MSRP if you can believe that

6k-11k off GM 1500s is best ive seen, each dealer is in a different position so just find the right one

can confirm you can get 12-18k off on a ram at right dealer, they are seriously hurting and way overstocked and way overpriced.....had a few call me with insane deals but dont want one

purchased alot of trucks recently for good prices and it does matter on how you approach the deal, sure you would have to walk or pass on a few, but Ram is sucking wind right now......most likely be a 22 or 23 model as well....they finance these vehicles same as we do so 200 days on the lot isnt good.....its not gonna get better so one more sold today is better than nothing

From everything I have read, RAM truck sales have plummeted and RAM dealers are heavily incentivizing their trucks.  I haven't seen 20K off yet ($17k off right now in Houston), but I don't doubt that its happening somewhere.

Edited by Gangly

Local gm dealer is now putting 10k on certain model 1500's. Ram dealers essentially can't price their product low enough to get any bites, they are truly in a dangerous spot right now. It also extends to several Jeep lines and the Durango and Hornet that absolutely no one wants or gives a damn about. Stellantis is in a rough patch right now with stale inventory that no one wants, the money some of these dealers must be paying out even with some of it deferred by the manufactures must be huge. Some of their inventory has been sitting around for a year now, way to many days on the lot for all their lines. 

For 23 model year 5.3 powered Sierra's, there is going to be plenty of discounts and incentives available through the end of this month. 

Depending on where you live and supply, $12-14K is what I see available right now if you have a qualifying trade. 2009 or newer. 

GM and Costco incentives alone account for $7k. Most dealers in my region are offering $5-6K in dealer discounts from MSRP. 

High trim RAM 1500's - So many available, the original MSRP's are truly outrageous though.  Almost uncompetitive with their competition. Limited series MSRP in the high 80's.....  The Laramie's look to be a decent price though, Low 50's which falls in line with the comments of $16k off right off the bat. 

I just got a 2024 1500 Denali w5.3L, & Denali Reserve package.

Sticker was $76k, GM employee discount was $70k, saved another $7k off in rebates.  And dealer offered me an extra $1,000 over blue book for my trade which I was pleased with.

Getting the GM Discount through my father means all I'm really negotiating is my trade.

I was not shopping for the Denali but the deal was so good I couldn't say no.  The equivalent High Country truck was cheaper but had less rebates so the GMC was actually the better deal and the GMC dealer was closer to me.

Truck is amazing.  I pinch myself walking up to it.  

On 12/12/2023 at 1:02 PM, 21GMC said:

For 23 model year 5.3 powered Sierra's, there is going to be plenty of discounts and incentives available through the end of this month. 

I found a leftover 2023 Denali that had colors & options I wanted.  Tried to make a deal on it.  Salesman called me back and said he could make me a better deal on a 2024, nothing really available on the 2023.  I couldn't find any rebates on the 23 models either.  So I went with the 24