chevy vs gmc

I have a 24 2500 SLE Double cab on order. No regrets at all, I stare at its picture daily lol. Costing me around 60k

BUT

For ****** and giggles I just built a Chevy LT 2500 and I have to say, its a better deal. Leather, options, colors, etc.

Cant get leather in a GMC without a crew cab which I dont want and an SLT which is 66k before any options. GMC offers black and white. Everything else is another $500 and the options are slim. 

Im GMC loyal. I think its a better looking truck. But damn....that Chevy has some value to the double cab crowd. 

I originally had an LT with the bench seat, Z71 Sport package, and leather on order. My wife gave me the green light to get an AT4 since I liked the looks better, so I went that route. My buddy basically got the same LT I ordered and I have to say it's pretty nice for the money. The LT with a few options is probably one of the better values in the HD market for sure. I love my AT4, but I really wish I had the bench seat.

We used to call a Pontiac a Chevy with star washers. GMC is a more expensive version of a Chevy without actually giving you anything for the premium you pay for but 'Bling". 

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Like 2

Get what you want.... and it sounds like you did!  I prefer the looks of the GMC front grill.  But, as we know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder! 

I picked up my '23 GMC 3500HD, Sierra, White Color, SLE, Crew, 4X4, 6.6L GAS/6 speed, standard bed on the lot.  It had exactly what I wanted, except that it was supposed to come with roof clearance lights but they are excluded from CA trucks!

Options included:  SLE Convenience Package; Driver Alert Package I; Spray on Bedliner; X31 Off Road Package; Trailer Mirrors Package. 

Back in August, I could not find this same comparable build truck in a Chevy.  It was difficult enough to find the basic GMC that I found....most trucks GMC/Chevy sold in my area here in SoCal are diesel and fully loaded at $80K plus or are the white very basic work trucks (similar to mine).

Edited by SoCal Angler

3 minutes ago, SoCal Angler said:

Get what you want.... and it sounds like you did!  I prefer the looks of the GMC front grill.  But, as we know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder! 

For GMC comparison....I picked up my '23 GMC 3500HD, Sierra, White Color, SLE, Crew, 4X4, 6.6L GAS/6 speed, standard bed on the lot.  It had exactly what I wanted, except that it was supposed to come with roof clearance lights but they are excluded from CA trucks!

Options included:  SLE Convenience Package; Driver Alert Package I; Spray on Bedliner; X31 Off Road Package; Trailer Mirrors Package. 

I could not find this same build truck in a Chevy.

I tend to agree, the GMCs look a lot better. The only thing I wish it had was leather. If I was going Chevy, it would be easy to get it that way. In GMC I would need a crew cab SLT. A lot more $$. 

Just a fun discussion, no regrets here. Your truck sounds awesome! 

2 hours ago, TeamSaris said:

I tend to agree, the GMCs look a lot better. The only thing I wish it had was leather. If I was going Chevy, it would be easy to get it that way. In GMC I would need a crew cab SLT. A lot more $$. 

Just a fun discussion, no regrets here. Your truck sounds awesome! 

The good thing about not ordering it with leather is you can probably get higher-quality aftermarket leather for around the same price as the "leather" package is on something like an LT.

• Like 1

I was able to save a couple grand on a virtually identical truck when I bought my LTZ vs the GMC SLT I was cross shopping.  In the non-Denali and non-AT4 level specs, I think the Chevy actually has a nicer looking front end, provided you get a black bowtie.

Had a Denali before, thought I'd have another GMC, but ended up in a Chevy, and I love it except for the stock wheels.

23 hours ago, the wanderer said:

Just put in katzkin leather. Much higher quality leather for the same price.

down the road some kind of aftermarket leather is the plan. way, way down the road. 

I really like the look of the High Country front end with the Chevy logo and dark essentials package.

Did not care much for the older front end where Chevrolet is lettered across the grill.

The leather with the high country is much nicer than the leather that was in my LT. The rear seats seemed vinyl as well.

The AT4 and Denali look amazing me as well. I take my Silverado to the GMC dealer that is a few miles from me, they alway do a great job with the services.

Edited by gregus73