Jump to content

Which Pickup Truck Offers Most Comfortable Seats? (Leather Only)


Which Pickup Truck Offers Most Comfortable Seats?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Interesting to hear many people say GM seats are not that comfortable.

Every reporter says Rams have the most comfortable seats.

Older adults swear by Ford Seats.

What about the Tundra?

 

After plenty of seat time in these trucks, which would you say has the most comfortable leather seats?

Edited by INGMWETRUST
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • INGMWETRUST changed the title to Which Pickup Truck Offers Most Comfortable Seats? (Leather Only)
5 hours ago, INGMWETRUST said:

Interesting to hear many people say GM seats are not that comfortable.

Every reporter says Rams have the most comfortable seats.

Older adults swear by Ford Seats.

What about the Tundra?

 

After plenty of seat time in these trucks, which would you say has the most comfortable leather seats?

I've noticed the older the GM truck the more comfortable the seat is. I don't have much of any time in the seat of the other trucks but I can definitely tell that that our 05 Suburban is more comfortable than my 15 Sierra which is more comfortable than the 24 Duramax.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ford's King Ranch/Platinum/Limited trims are fairly well regarded.

 

GM for whatever reason moved the new trucks to what are effectively mid-size seats in 2019. The only way to get a "full size" seat is to get an Escalade. Those are 2 or so inches wider and about an inch longer in the cushion. They're also much softer yet still supportive. Ford and Ram both utilize larger seats in all trims than GM. We have a travelling salesman that comes by every now and then and he's switched both front seats of his LT trim Silverado to black leather Escalade seats. He said they fit fine and all he had to do was swap his complete seat harness and airbag into the new seats. It's a refresh so a 22 or 23.

Edited by 23LTW
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've owned Ford King Ranch and Platinums, Ram Limited and now a Denali Ultimate. Platinum was worst Ultimate and King Ranch about the same. Ram Limited was the best but I'm not sure how well it would hold up long term. Leather seats are like shoes and baseball gloves. They aren't nice and comfy right out of the box. They all need to break in a while. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've owned GM's for 12 years and recently ordered/purchased a 23 Raptor.  Most comfortable seats I have ever had in a truck.  My 2020 Denali had decent seats after 36k, until I sat in the Raptor.  I still love GM's but their seats kinda suck.  I will be back when GM starts adding pano roofs, ambient lighting, and all the things that should come in a truck labeled "Ultimate".  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, 603Denali said:

I've owned GM's for 12 years and recently ordered/purchased a 23 Raptor.  Most comfortable seats I have ever had in a truck.  My 2020 Denali had decent seats after 36k, until I sat in the Raptor.  I still love GM's but their seats kinda suck.  I will be back when GM starts adding pano roofs, ambient lighting, and all the things that should come in a truck labeled "Ultimate".  

The pano roofs are horrible on the F150 trucks. There are pages of horror stories about them over on the 2 big F series forums. Consider yourself lucky if you don't end up with leaks, rattles or a screwed up shade. My entrance and exit lighting on my Ultimate is fine. Ford eliminated quite a bit of content in the 2023's. Also lots of complaining about that over there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jus Cruisin said:

The pano roofs are horrible on the F150 trucks. There are pages of horror stories about them over on the 2 big F series forums. Consider yourself lucky if you don't end up with leaks, rattles or a screwed up shade. My entrance and exit lighting on my Ultimate is fine. Ford eliminated quite a bit of content in the 2023's. Also lots of complaining about that over there. 

My sunroof has be flawless for 10k miles so I guess I am lucky.  Speaking of leaks my 2020 had the leaky rear window which was beyond frustrating.  My 23 has everything the 21's had, heated steering wheel, all of the ambient lighting including lower door cars, cup holders, storage tray, glove box, etc.  It all cost me $500 and install was a breeze.  The only thing is doesn't have is a Torsen front dif and I could give two ****** about it.  I've heard more bad things then good.  GM needs to step up their game if you want to call a truck Ultimate, just my opinion.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pretty much the only thing about my 2023 LTZ I don't like is the seats. The seat bottom is too short. It makes my legs hurt on anything longer than a short trip around town. My 2011 2500 Denali had much better seats. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 603Denali said:

My sunroof has be flawless for 10k miles so I guess I am lucky.  Speaking of leaks my 2020 had the leaky rear window which was beyond frustrating.  My 23 has everything the 21's had, heated steering wheel, all of the ambient lighting including lower door cars, cup holders, storage tray, glove box, etc.  It all cost me $500 and install was a breeze.  The only thing is doesn't have is a Torsen front dif and I could give two ****** about it.  I've heard more bad things then good.  GM needs to step up their game if you want to call a truck Ultimate, just my opinion.  

I agree seeing the Ultimate sports a sunroof from a 1995 model pickup! I can only laugh at how gm has kept the same cheap standard size sunroof if you can call a 1.5' x 2' hole in the roof a sunroof today, in 1995 sure, today it is a laughable joke of an option imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, 603Denali said:

My sunroof has be flawless for 10k miles so I guess I am lucky.  Speaking of leaks my 2020 had the leaky rear window which was beyond frustrating.  My 23 has everything the 21's had, heated steering wheel, all of the ambient lighting including lower door cars, cup holders, storage tray, glove box, etc.  It all cost me $500 and install was a breeze.  The only thing is doesn't have is a Torsen front dif and I could give two ****** about it.  I've heard more bad things then good.  GM needs to step up their game if you want to call a truck Ultimate, just my opinion.  

You had to pay $500 for stuff that was standard and was deleted? Have you actually been in a 2023 Ultimate? My 2016 F150 King Ranch had all that ambiant stuff and you could pick colors. My 2021 F150 Platinum had ambiant - one color no options. 2023's built without heated steering wheel, no lighted numbers on auto climate control knobs, no massaging seats. There are other things, just going from memory from the bellyaching on 14th gen and f150forum. I had numerous issues with my 2021 F150 Platinum 4X4 Powerboost that the dealers couldn't figure out how to fix and I tried to go with a 2023 F150 King Ranch 3.5l Ecoboost and I wouldn't accept a deleted truck. Bought the GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate and couldn't be happier. Better interior than the Platinum. Better infotainment system. Better hands-free driving - Supercruise vs BlueCruise. And both my King Ranch and Platinum had the pano roof. Both rattled ( unfixable) and both smoking hot in the Florida summers that required the shade to be closed all the time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.