How much does everyone pay for gas?

Elwood 2000

Nice. It shows $2.80 for near me. I paid $2.78 for 87 at Costco last night which totalled out to $60.25. I think that may be the jackpot, but I'd have to check the notebook. I normally don't let it get that low, but a buddy and I weren't counting on having to drive all over town the other night when the restaurants were busy.

Do the pumps near you shut off automatically at a certain $$ amount? Around here, most of them shut off at around $75. It is a company thing with the gas stations. I have tried to politely explain that with the price of gas at $3, it does not take much to get to $75 and sometimes a truck just isn't full at that level. They explain to me that it is set by the "higher ups" and they can't change the limit.

Another little bit of fun information, if you do use pay at the pump with a credit card, get shut off at $75, then use the same card again at the same pump, most times, your card will be denied! The clerk had no reason as to why, so I called my credit card company. They said that they do that because it is odd that a purchase for that amount would go thru and then the exact same request at the exact same location imediately following looks like a possible stolen card, so they deny the swipe!

At least, that is what my Visa company told me!

SO, if you have to swipe twice to get full, bring two cards!!!

Count your blessings...Most of the pumps here will only let you put $50 worth of gas in.

Which is why I fill up with 1/2 tank.

Thats like a mcdonalds that lets you only use one coupon per visit... walk out the door and back in again for visit 2

0.96 a litre for diesel

$2.99 In Houghton Mi.

Also to comment on the auto shut off I ususally find it at 50 or 75 bucks. Most places by me though if you are willing to select pay inside and walk in to pay it will not turn off automatically, only when paying at the pump. I will go fill up 15 gallons in the truck and 75 gallons in dry docks for the boats and it will be around 150 bucks, but it will not turn off on me if I go inside.

Up in Maine (Augusta Area) its about 2.92/87. We are usually under the national avg by a few 0.01 W/ shut off at privately owned stations at 50.00- 75.00 or Pre pay only. People up around this area have been taking off with a full tank quite often.. And us who do pay are stuck with the inconvenience of guessing how much its going to be to fill the ol beast

Archived