Post Count Questions

merlin5577

When a member makes a post in a thread, that members post count obviously goes up. But if that thread is later deleted (for whatever reason) does that members post count go down? After a thread is deleted, what happens to all the information contained within that thread? Is it archived or discarded?

Thank you! :thumbs:

When a member makes a post in a thread, that members post count obviously goes up. But if that thread is later deleted (for whatever reason) does that members post count go down? After a thread is deleted, what happens to all the information contained within that thread? Is it archived or discarded?

Thank you! :thumbs:

I wouldn't think so. I've never noticed it before. Did you do something wrong? :nonod:

Thank you! :rolleyes:

I wouldn't think so. I've never noticed it before. Did you do something wrong? :lol:

No, but I noticed a few threads I posted in over the last few months are now missing... :lol: and my post count seemed lower. Just curious.

Just post "Mirror change" and you can get a few post back! :rolleyes: Good question?

Senior Enthusiast

pip.gifpip.gifpip.gif

Group: Member

Member No.: 51116

2001 Chevrolet

Silverado 2500HD

Name: Eric

After he posted "Mirror change" he had Posts: 120, the admin just deleted around 56 of his post and his post count has not changed as of yet?

Just post "Mirror change" and you can get a few post back! :rolleyes: Good question?

Senior Enthusiast

pip.gifpip.gifpip.gif

Group: Member

Member No.: 51116

2001 Chevrolet

Silverado 2500HD

Name: Eric

After he posted "Mirror change" he had Posts: 120, the admin just deleted around 56 of his post and his post count has not changed as of yet?

:lol: Alright, so the post count doesnt change. Does nyone know what happens to the data?

:rolleyes: Alright, so the post count doesnt change. Does nyone know what happens to the data?

Not sure about this forum's software but if I delete a thread or post from www.texasguntalk.com it is gone forever. As a mod there I have the option to just remove the thread (or posts) and keep it from public view. I would assume this site has similar options.

:rolleyes: Alright, so the post count doesnt change. Does nyone know what happens to the data?

Not sure about this forum's software but if I delete a thread or post from www.texasguntalk.com it is gone forever. As a mod there I have the option to just remove the thread (or posts) and keep it from public view. I would assume this site has similar options.

You delete posts? I figured you would just shoot the offending poster? :lol:

You delete posts? I figured you would just shoot the offending poster? :lol:

I do like to keep that option open. :lol:

Generally, threads go into the "Graveyard" when deleted, where the modmins can still see them. This is so I can go back and dig up dirt on some of you :lol:

I'm sure that we can permanently delete them if we wanted...But I don't see a reason for that. By keeping them (but out of sight of the general forum members), we can still pull IP information off the offending folks for future reference in case they show up and pull more crap.

Your post count doesn't change when they're deleted. And to my recollection, there have only been like 3 people in the last 5 years or so that have had an admin change their post count (mods can't do that). One of them has posted in this thread...Ask him how it happened :dunno:

Generally, threads go into the "Graveyard" when deleted, where the modmins can still see them. This is so I can go back and dig up dirt on some of you :dunno:

I'm sure that we can permanently delete them if we wanted...But I don't see a reason for that. By keeping them (but out of sight of the general forum members), we can still pull IP information off the offending folks for future reference in case they show up and pull more crap.

Your post count doesn't change when they're deleted. And to my recollection, there have only been like 3 people in the last 5 years or so that have had an admin change their post count (mods can't do that). One of them has posted in this thread...Ask him how it happened :D

Thanks for the info Wingnut! :lol:

Generally, threads go into the "Graveyard" when deleted, where the modmins can still see them. This is so I can go back and dig up dirt on some of you :dunno:

Your post count doesn't change when they're deleted. And to my recollection, there have only been like 3 people in the last 5 years or so that have had an admin change their post count (mods can't do that). One of them has posted in this thread...Ask him how it happened :D

So they can still check out all the "Hot Women". Smart move! :lol:

Generally, threads go into the "Graveyard" when deleted, where the modmins can still see them. This is so I can go back and dig up dirt on some of you :lol:

Your post count doesn't change when they're deleted. And to my recollection, there have only been like 3 people in the last 5 years or so that have had an admin change their post count (mods can't do that). One of them has posted in this thread...Ask him how it happened :lol:

So they can still check out all the "Hot Women". Smart move! :dunno:

Are you kidding?

We're all pretty good at these here intertubes, if I want to see hot women, the last place I'm going to go is this forum. Too many boobers out there in video form that are easy to find and download for future archiving purposes to bother with the half-clothed lasses on this here board :lol:

Archived