Tow Mirrors

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want to say thanks to everyone in this thread. I bit the bullet and bought OEM mirros on eBay via Abernethy Chevrolet.

When I installed my mirrors, I did not have to unbolt any of the door panel parts, I went with the quick and dirt method I think on page 4.

- Pulled the upper door trim off until the "triangle" area

- from the speaker corner up, pulled the side loose to get the "triangle" section of the upper trim out.

- Drilled the fourth hole with a 1/4 inch bit

These sucked on nice and tight. Both mirrors installed and truck back together in under an hour. I am a purest, so I ordered the OEM nut for the mirrors, part number 11517233 http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ=/z/A9cAAOxyHIlTanjT/$_57.JPG (pic of nut).

I live in Cheyenne, Wy were we see wind and lots of it, I have not noticed any issues with vibration. I eventually plan on having this sanded and painted. When I finally getting around to cleaning my truck I'll post a picture.

I just want to say thanks to everyone in this thread. I bit the bullet and bought OEM mirros on eBay via Abernethy Chevrolet.

When I installed my mirrors, I did not have to unbolt any of the door panel parts, I went with the quick and dirt method I think on page 4.

- from the speaker corner up, pulled the side loose to get the "triangle" section of the upper trim out.

These sucked on nice and tight. Both mirrors installed and truck back together in under an hour. I am a purest, so I ordered the OEM nut for the mirrors, part number 11517233 http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ=/z/A9cAAOxyHIlTanjT/$_57.JPG (pic of nut).

I live in Cheyenne, Wy were we see wind and lots of it, I have not noticed any issues with vibration. I eventually plan on having this sanded and painted. When I finally getting around to cleaning my truck I'll post a picture.

What did u pay for the mirrors

Just got the Longview slip on towing mirrors from eTrailer.com in today.

They're exactly what I needed, other than the unfortunate phoenix molded into the front. They'll only be on while towing so I can live with that though.

http://www.etrailer.com/Custom-Towing-Mirrors/Longview/LVT-1800.html

How are you still liking these I need to either order these or get the Oem tow mirrors for a crap load more can't make up my mind. I can't see around my trailer at all though

How are you still liking these I need to either order these or get the Oem tow mirrors for a crap load more can't make up my mind. I can't see around my trailer at all though

I've towed about 600 miles with them so far and I'm still happy with them. Makes backing and changing lanes much easier when you can see behind you.

I would say the OEMs will get you better visibility and if I was towing a trailer everyday I'd spring for them in a second. For the 10-12 camping trips a year the slip ons are good enough for me.

Dang I'm trying to decide eBay set or Oem

I was in the same boat, I really didn't want to spend $600+ on mirrors. Personally, I think it was worth it in the end. They look great and were made for the truck, no aftermarket guessing games.

Did you get the OEM nuts on eBay? If so can you post a link of who you bought them through?

Yeah I hear ya man how fast did they come to you I really need something by this weekend

Ordered on a Sunday had them by Thursday, I think they are in NC and I am in Wyoming, not too bad.

Archived