Best month to buy a truck??

zback

It all depends. The Silverados were first offered with the big $8000 in incentives in December of 2014 for the 2015 model year. They ran that offer again in August, and I think one other time during the year as well.

I don't think the AT's were ever part of any "bigger" campaign like that, tho. They aren't a significant percentage of what the dealers order, so they might only ever qualify for more basic rebates like $1000 cash or zero / low interest financing.

There are many factors that come into play when trying to get the best deal...current demand (approaching winter when people want 4 wheel drive), end of month when sales teams want to get to a number, etc. Ive seen deals made on trucks that for whatever reason are sitting on lots longer. Im also i big fan of playing dealerships against each other. i also recommend not settling for what looks like a great deal at the time. 6 months down the road when ur still paying for it you should be happy with what u got or second guessing and regret sets in.

Agreed with all the above. For a '15, now probably thru December 31 is a great time. I bought last month and got the full rebate if not a few bucks more.

Since you want a '16, It may be a bit before incentives and rebates are offered. There is many updates with the '16 as you may already know, biggest being

the refresh. All those that waited will be in line and probably pay sticker + just to be the first.

I don't think the AT's were ever part of any "bigger" campaign like that, tho. They aren't a significant percentage of what the dealers order, so they might only ever qualify for more basic rebates like $1000 cash or zero / low interest financing.

A/T isn't a separate trim (for now) it's just a package added onto an SLE or SLT. There were several SLT A/T's I ran across that qualified for the 20% off MSRP special.

A/T isn't a separate trim (for now) it's just a package added onto an SLE or SLT. There were several SLT A/T's I ran across that qualified for the 20% off MSRP special.

I saw a good bit of the A/T with the 20 off during my search here in NC. Wasn't looking for one myself tho.

Sent from my Note 4

In April & May those are the slowest months for car dealerships. If you research online those months average the highest rebates for all car brands. I bought my 2015 gmc z71 in May I got $9000 off msrp and I got 1% interest for 6 years. Only reason to wait till the end of the year is too find a 20% off msrp. But they are not easy to find at least in my area and you very limited to color and options. While in May all colors/options had the deal.

In April & May those are the slowest months for car dealerships. If you research online those months average the highest rebates for all car brands. I bought my 2015 gmc z71 in May I got $9000 off msrp and I got 1% interest for 6 years. Only reason to wait till the end of the year is too find a 20% off msrp. But they are not easy to find at least in my area and you very limited to color and options. While in May all colors/options had the deal.

Including the Private Offer from Chevy, I got $9500 off of mine just this past August, and it the sticker was something like $47k. Even if I were to have bought it for 20% off, I wouldn't have gotten as big of a reduction.

• 2 years later...

Digging up old thread...

I’ve been looking for a good deal on a 6.2 gmc crew cab standard bed. 

Guess I could settle on a short bed but would really prefer standard bed. 

Its October truck month but now inventory seems low on the truck I’m looking for. Dennis Dillon and Laura gmc have some 2018 in stock but not much of a discount vs the 2017’s. 

Any other dealers to check that have lowest in nation prices?

Just thinking out loud in my head -  with all the dealers trucks flooded in all the hurricanes and inventory low will they have the big sales? ??. Might not make any difference but....

Archived