I doubt this is normal.

I noticed my lower control arms are hitting the Spindles.

Of course took it into the Dealer and they replied :

"I am told by our front end technician that the control arm protrudes that as a turn stop … otherwise the steering would keep turning. It is part of the design and therefore not an issue"

I'm thinking since they had a leveling kit on it when I bought it the ball joints are going bad... So they are trying to ride out the warranty now.

Anyone else have this issue?

22007722_10154596417351525_275070438910622007543_10154596417346525_2130842411727

DONT turn the truck wheels to full lock ever. It is so bad for all those parts. It may have been caused by doing that.

I've been told over the years to avoid turning to full lock. I don't know the specific reasons but I understood this to be a pretty common understanding. Perhaps someone could explain the potential harm. I believe the main area of concern has to do with the power steering.

IMO, wouldn't worry about it. Most steering systems have a mechanical stop on the knuckle that will contact the control arm like that. That is because it causes no harm, where maxing out the steering rack potentially could.

That said, the leveling kit is likely to wear front end parts faster than normal.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Archived