Swingout Side Windows On 1999 Extended Cab Pickup

PasoRoblesJimmy

Question

I own a 1999 Chevy Silverado 2500 Extended Cab pickup and experience occasional wind noise when the swingout side windows are closed. The folding arms on the 1999 won't go over center and latch the side windows securely against the seal when the they are closed. The loose folding arms on my 1999 Silverado extended cab pickup hold my side windows in the closed position about as securely as a wet noodle. In stark contrast, the folding arms on my previously owned 1996 GMC C1500 extended cab pickup always went over center with a positive feel and latched the side windows securely against the window seal. Are the plastic folding arms on my 1999 Silverado extended cab side windows defective?

0 answers to this question

There is an ebay kit that includes a smaller arm that will pull the window tighter for a better seal. The passenger rear window on my 2005 sierra still made a wind sound... so i just used silicone to seal it shut. I never use the things anyway.

What are the search words to find the ebay kit? I tried looking for it and couldn't find it.

There is an ebay kit that includes a smaller arm that will pull the window tighter for a better seal. The passenger rear window on my 2005 sierra still made a wind sound... so i just used silicone to seal it shut. I never use the things anyway.

I think this is a result of the gasket flattening out and not allowing the latch to keep the window securely shut. A shorter Ebay arm might work, but the real fix would be new weatherstripping.

Just my 0.02

I think this is a result of the gasket flattening out and not allowing the latch to keep the window securely shut. A shorter Ebay arm might work, but the real fix would be new weatherstripping.

Just my 0.02

Nope, afraid not Jim. On my 2000, the side windows leaked air (pass side even leaked water in high pressure washes) from day one. The dealer replaced the entire window and frames on both sides under warranty. This cured the water leaks, and the wind noise on the driver's side, but the passenger side still had wind noise on the freeway all the time. The latch is not long enough and does not pull the window in far enough. I would try the e-bay latches, if that doesn't work, either put up with it or silicone them shut.

Nope, afraid not Jim. On my 2000, the side windows leaked air (pass side even leaked water in high pressure washes) from day one. The dealer replaced the entire window and frames on both sides under warranty. This cured the water leaks, and the wind noise on the driver's side, but the passenger side still had wind noise on the freeway all the time. The latch is not long enough and does not pull the window in far enough. I would try the e-bay latches, if that doesn't work, either put up with it or silicone them shut.

No shit?

I never had anything like that on my excabs. Didn't know that.

Archived