First Real Snow In Nwi!

dirtfan21

Just excited enough about it to tell all you guys. They are calling for 3-8" depending on lake effect totals. I can't wait to play around a little bit in the silvy.

Throw up your snow fall totals if you get some Hoosiers. Sorry, just love snow. :uhoh:

Sounds like fun. We had an interesting evening. Right before 5pm, it snowed like crazy.. but only making the roads wet, then the sun went down and froze everything. Anywhere it was wet, was glass. There were several accidents on my way home. :uhoh:

Went out shopping this morning, came home hooked the hose up and rinsed the truck off. I am sure the neighbors think I am nuts. At least it got the fresh salt/sand mix off. Then did an oil change on freezing concrete. Next purchase is a small kerosene heater for the garage

DSC03721.JPG

DSC03721.JPG

DSC03721.JPG

DSC03721.JPG

We only got about 3 inches up here. Wind switched to NW and all the lake effect is still hammering LaPorte County. I'm pretty sad.

Ryan, that is a good looking lab. I want to save one from the county shelter here in a few months, that is when I found out how much the new job is going to pay. The rents wanted nothing to do with animals but now I'm on my own, for good. Time to get a buddy!

Well actually I am working in the same place, just got a promotion due to finally recieving my degree in December of this year. I am now upgraded to Engineering Dept Project Manager. We have a Project and Facility Management Dept but my father is the Dept head, so that is an obvious no go in the goverment sector.

I was/am, until January, part time during the semester, full time not in the semester Chief Field Inspector for our dept. I did erosion control and final certificate of occupancy inspections, and plans and specs review with some small job project management thrown in.

Now it is time for the big jobs. :D The haven't finalized my salary yet... but I do know I will have full benefits, vacation time, and A JOB. That is the biggest thing.

I'm in Niagara Falls, ON and we have a couple inches...still snowing. Here's a pic from last year when I went a couple hours up north and got a couple feet of snow over 2 days.

PC060117.jpg

PC040011.jpg

Archived