What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

2 hours ago, Chevor said:

Putting the new shocks to the test,  Did you crawl under there and dial them up while loaded?

Interested to see what you think of them. I have my stockers back on because the Bilsteins were a bit rough. Just wanted to see the difference. However if I could get a smoother stock ride for normal use and firm it up a little for trailering with a adjustable shock I'd definitely consider that. 

I had my baseball toolbox in the truck so I had them set at 9 already (highest setting), they are a bit firmer than the stock shocks but not much. Today was the first day with an empty bed and set at 9. Truck drives fine not harsh firmer slightly over stock but I like the feel.

Ryan B.

:lol:I have ran rancho 9000s on the 2500 since 280,000 miles.  now to 852,000 miles.   This is on a heavy diesel with a 90 gallon fuel tank in the bed, used to pull campers all over North America.  The front shocks i set at 6,  been on the truck almost 600k miles now.  And the rear, which have been replaced a few times do to leaking, I leave at 7.   Also have air bags on the rear.  The rear ride is bouncy without a trailer, but I am very satisfied with trailering ride.

If i wasnt hauling I would perfer the rear to be at 4 or 5 setting.  And do to the amount of time i have had the shocks on the truck the plastic dials have siezed.  Im afraid to try to turn them.

Edited by Chevor

Our Kijiji is similar to Craigslist and people that shop on Kijiji are well not the most reliable and trusting.

I have a bunch of different key FOBs that I have accumulated over the years and sell them on Kijiji. I clean them up, install a new battery and make sure they work properly. This works out pretty good for me most of the time but there's always the one person that says " I want it, I need it, consider it sold, I'll pick it up today or tomorrow, can you hold it for me?"  These are some of the FOBs that today I put back up for sale because they've been sitting there for at least a month. I just hang them on my shelf as I wait for the pick-up. So at least $300 worth of no shows.

YoiQsJR.jpg

Edited by Coby7

Yes, matter a fact I started it today since it was the first of the month. Runs like new.  Only preventative maintenance I did was replace the 3 auger 6203 bearings that had seen too much EOD road salt slush.  I could hear them begging for grease, so replaced the single sealed bearings with dual precision sealed ones.

Tonight I repaired a 2007 Yukon cluster that had lost both displays at the bottom.

rw8e0Gv.jpg

Seems to work fine now!!! lol

xwk8IH4.jpg

d8t9aL6.jpg

Edited by Coby7

The guy came to get his cluster this morning, never seen any body so happy to get something fixed.  Now I know why I like to do this!  I was asking $60 and I thought that might have been a bit high for the work I did but he thought otherwise. He gave me $100 and would not take the $40 change.  I like it when people really appreciate my work.

ykHozRG.jpg

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Coby7 said:

The guy came to get his cluster this morning, never seen any body so happy to get something fixed.  Now I know why I like to do this!  I was asking $60 and I thought that might have been a bit high for the work I did but he thought otherwise. He gave me $100 and would not take the $40 change.  I like it when people really appreciate my work.

ykHozRG.jpg

$40 tip!!!

i have trouble with this 2010 dash working, at cold start up after its been sitting days, in under freezing temps.  But let it warm up for about 5 minutes, restart the truck and it works.   I would think this would be more of a moisture in a relay issue rather than the actual instrument panel...?

It is a diesel and alot of battery draw is needed to fire glow plugs and crank the truck in the cold.

Edited by Chevor

Today, I drove out to Edwards AFB, picked up my wife after we dropped off her CR-V for its first set of new tires, drove to Rosamond for breakfast, Lancaster for some shopping, Mojave to go talk to CHP, Tehachapi to buy a couple diodes for some light mods, back to Rosamond to grab my hitch (forgot it when I left the house this morning), back to Edwards AFB to pickup wife’s car and a trailer for tomorrow’s parade in Boron, and then home for the night.  Crossed the 400 mile mark and the 500 mile mark.  Truck and trailer are out front ready to go.  Will post pictures after the parade, when I have them.

Today, I drove out to Edwards AFB, picked up my wife after we dropped off her CR-V for its first set of new tires, drove to Rosamond for breakfast, Lancaster for some shopping, Mojave to go talk to CHP, Tehachapi to buy a couple diodes for some light mods, back to Rosamond to grab my hitch (forgot it when I left the house this morning), back to Edwards AFB to pickup wife’s car and a trailer for tomorrow’s parade in Boron, and then home for the night.  Crossed the 400 mile mark and the 500 mile mark.  Truck and trailer are out front ready to go.  Will post pictures after the parade, when I have them.

I’m trying to leave Edwards. I want to start my weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

I’m trying to leave Edwards. I want to start my weekend

Hopefully, next week will be my last week on convalescence. Then I’ll be back in that mess. 

Maybe I’ll meet you at Denny’s in Mojave, my first Friday night back at work.

Edited by Ravenkeeper

Hopefully, next week will be my last week on convalescence. Then I’ll be back in that mess. 

Maybe I’ll meet you at Denny’s in Mojave, my first Friday night back at work.

I work the 412 fuel shop. I’m on a straight 5 day schedule, off at 11:30