What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

Took the family to chruch this morning.  Daughter took off after church with one of her friends to lunch and go shopping.  Wife, son, and I went to brunch in Cal City, look at a furniture store in Mojave, grab some groceries, and drove home, crossing the 1,000 mile mark just south of Mojave.  

19 hours ago, Colossus said:

what were you going to do in Lancaster?

Went to get the letter from my Dr with my work limitations, which my managers will need tomorrow at work.

19 hours ago, Chris said:

There isn’t anything to do in Lancaster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nothing to do?  Except for doctors and some shopping, nothing until April.  

Took the family to chruch this morning.  Daughter took off after church with one of her friends to lunch and go shopping.  Wife, son, and I went to brunch in Cal City, look at a furniture store in Mojave, grab some groceries, and drove home, crossing the 1,000 mile mark just south of Mojave.  
Nothing to do?  Except for doctors and some shopping, nothing until April.  

What’s in April? I haven’t found anything decent to do in Lancaster/Palmdale. That’s why I’m buying my house in Bakersfield. That and I need to stay in Kern for my CCW

12 minutes ago, Chris said:

What’s in April? I haven’t found anything decent to do in Lancaster/Palmdale. That’s why I’m buying my house in Bakersfield. That and I need to stay in Kern for my CCW

JETHAWKS!!!!  I’m staying in Kern, Rosamond is in Kern, close to work, and some off-road things to do.  We don’t mind driving to Bakersfield or Valencia, or Apple Valley.  We’re going to venture to Ontario and Fontana, CA in a few weeks.  In November, I’m looking at taking my brother in law, nephew, and son out to the XB-49 (south of California City) and XB-70 (northwest of Barstow) crash sites.  

• Like 1

JETHAWKS!!!!  I’m staying in Kern, Rosamond is in Kern, close to work, and some off-road things to do.  We don’t mind driving to Bakersfield or Valencia, or Apple Valley.  We’re going to venture to Ontario and Fontana, CA in a few weeks.  In November, I’m looking at taking my brother in law, nephew, and son out to the XB-49 (south of California City) and XB-70 (northwest of Barstow) crash sites.  

We have a picture of some wrecks in the office. I don’t have an off road vehicle nor do I know how the boundaries of the base are. I hope I never have to deal with a 16 crash. Already don’t like the air start training. Hydrazine response and associated maintenance sucks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris said:

We have a picture of some wrecks in the office. I don’t have an off road vehicle nor do I know how the boundaries of the base are. I hope I never have to deal with a 16 crash. Already don’t like the air start training. Hydrazine response and associated maintenance sucks

Both crash sites are off base.  I’ve biked out to the XB-49 site a few times, when I lived in California City.  That I know of, only two crash sites on base, out in the AFRL area, T-38 (1997) and F-111 (unknown date).  I have a list of coordinates at work for several crash sites, all off base.  

Anyways, off to bed for my first DAY back at work.  O’Dark Hundred comes way too early.

Both crash sites are off base.  I’ve biked out to the XB-49 site a few times, when I lived in California City.  That I know of, only two crash sites on base, out in the AFRL area, T-38 (1997) and F-111 (unknown date).  I have a list of coordinates at work for several crash sites, all off base.  

Anyways, off to bed for my first DAY back at work.  O’Dark Hundred comes way too early.

I don’t have to be there til 3. So 4 hours til bed

• Like 1

Smiled when the Broncos loss today.. that should seal the deal for the rest of the season and people will stop talking about how good a team the Broncos are and all this yip yap crap. 

9 hours ago, Ravenkeeper said:

Post some pics of those crash sites if you can, Raven. I'm a huge aviation geek. I recall seeing a couple older crash sites up in northern CA on youtube - both were in pretty remote areas, but alot of the airframe and engines were still intact (at least, the stuff that didn't get taken over the years). Big ol' radials on those ones. :cool:

• Like 1