What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

Just repaired a pair of ( 15114374 ) for a 2007 Uplander. He just came from the dealer where they quoted him $365Cdn programmed. I love helping people save money, you should have seen his eyes after trying both of them multiple times and me asking for $30. Priceless!!!!! I love my life

So I take it you've got a J2534? Do you do just GM, or all of them?

GM is a friggin pain in the ass. Have to have one of 2 Microsoft operating systems ONLY, then pay out the nose for 2 days, a month, or a year.

I've been researching the past 2 days on trying to get set up for flash programming. I've got a splitting headache now ... :sick: Looks like I have to buy another damn Windows crap PC product, and sell my brand new scan tool and buy the high-end version. It just never ends ...

Stopped at the dealer to see if my seat motors, 3rd brake light, and seat cushion were covered by my extended warranty. Looks like they will be, now I just need to wait until I get kicked off the road and back into building work so I have time during the day to bring it to the dealer twice.

They did have a nice D-Max dually sitting there though. Not often I see duallies at that dealer, this one was a Chevy. I want to say it was a 2017 but don't quote me on it. I know the door sticker said it was built 10/16 and window sticker price was $64k. Maybe I should have made an off the wall offer of $58k including trade in.

Most likely I'm just going to wait and hope for a bigger gas engine in the near future. I think I'd rather tow 14k with my '09 even being 1k over spec vs getting a 6.0 and being 300lbs over spec. In the mean time working seat motors, non cracked and leaking 3rd brake light, and a new seat cushion will be nice.

Edited by Chevyguy85

Picked up my truck from the dealership. They have given up on the frequent DPF regen issue and said to just drive it hard and it will clear itself up. HOGWASH. I already drive it on the highway when it is in a regen, I gear it down so that it's running at 2500 RPMs during the 30 miles it is in regen and it doesn't help worth a shit. Still regens every 160 miles. New sensors, new injectors, new DEF, they just wont man up and replace the faulty DPF. And they had the balls to charge me $110 for a diagnostic fee this time. Screw it. With seeing the DEF/DPF issues on GM, Ford, and Dodge, I'll never own another diesel. I wish I could delete this crap off of here but I live in an area that requires emissions testing so it has to stay. Once I get the payments down on this thing to a reasonable amount, I'm trading it in on a gasser. Towing won't be as fun, but I'm not going to get screwed around with costly diesel exhaust system issues which is where this thing is headed if the DPF keeps acting up.

Edited by Colossus
  • Like 1

Picked up my truck from the dealership. They have given up on the frequent DPF regen issue and said to just drive it hard and it will clear itself up. HOGWASH. I already drive it on the highway when it is in a regen, I gear it down so that it's running at 2500 RPMs during the 30 miles it is in regen and it doesn't help worth a shit. Still regens every 160 miles. New sensors, new injectors, new DEF, they just wont man up and replace the faulty DPF. And they had the balls to charge me $110 for a diagnostic fee this time. Screw it. With seeing the DEF/DPF issues on GM, Ford, and Dodge, I'll never own another diesel. I wish I could delete this crap off of here but I live in an area that requires emissions testing so it has to stay. Once I get the payments down on this thing to a reasonable amount, I'm trading it in on a gasser. Towing won't be as fun, but I'm not going to get screwed around with costly diesel exhaust system issues which is where this thing is headed if the DPF keeps acting up.

Smart man. I'll never own a modern diesel.
  • Like 1

Worked on a high mile '98 Suburban. Had to rewire some Euro headlights to make the halos work, and flip a clear marker light lens around the right way, so those little scoops become DRAINS instead of water collectors, lol - the lens was half full with ice.

Then I yanked the primary and secondary clutches out of a '04 Polaris Sportsman 700. The primary was stuck! All the way into the house it stayed that way. Even rapping on it with a hammer couldn't make it budge! Never seen one this bad before. Back in the days before ATV's, nobody plowed with snowmobiles, so that's probably why.

New set of clutches for this thing? $1,000!!! :noway::noway: They're past the point of economical rebuilding for the owner. My labor would end up costing just as much in the end.

fullsizeoutput_813_zpsljcaxbgl.jpeg

Sum ting wong ... :lol:

IMG_6789_zps0a01etib.jpg

IMG_6790_zpstzogqmeo.jpg

Edited by Jsdirt

So I take it you've got a J2534? Do you do just GM, or all of them?

No I just have the old TechII, I repair pretty much all of them except a few. Lots of cars have on board FOB programming. Even some GMs did for a while, now they want it all. I don't think I'll be buying into the J2534 because I plan on retiring from retirement soon.

IMAG1281_zps0c6ee6aa.jpg

Edited by Coby7

Ahh - didn't know that could be done.

I'm looking into getting the J tool soon. Learned alot the past year on this OBD-II crap. Getting a handle on it, slowly. Never dreamed that in the 21st century I'd have to spend 8x what some of my cars used to cost just for electronic tools to do the job. :nonod:

Is what it is, I guess. Gotta pay to play. :ughdance:

Finally installed a trailer brake controller in my dad's truck. Truck has 235k miles on it and just now getting a controller lol. I will not ride with him unless he has a controller so he told me to order him one. Need to get a fuse for it but should be good to go. This is for a gmt900

58df90764a70756d250c3c9400f97f45.jpg

a348077b6f71022acf66c6b597795c57.jpg

fc34b5b7645e88e110aa9d464df4dad9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Love how GM decided to change the fuse on that to some strange thing. I had a pile of Maxi fuses, so I soldered 2 leads to it, and plugged it in. Been that way for 7 years, lol.

post-65085-0-92841000-1453305732_thumb.jpg