According to one of our high ranking supervisors here at work (just got back from a meeting), Vice President Biden's "task force" is said to announce their decisions supposidely Tuesday (tomorrow).

They will be :

tougher background checks to prevent guns from ending up in the hands of the mentally ill

a nationwide discussion on mental health issues and checks, and school safety initiatives.

NO restriction on "assault weapons" , magazine capacity, or ammunition.

VP Biden has stated that his Senate colleagues opposed any gun control that the task force placed in front of them. So, President Obama plans to blame Congress for no added restrictions on magazine capacities or rifle type/appearance.

Looks like a win for the good guys.....................for now. Pretty sure they will try to slip something through the back door somewhere down the road.

I bet all of those people who were out panic buying are going to feel pretty silly for paying $2000 for a crappy $600 Bushmaster and DPMS!!!

The firearms market should return back to normal by the spring :thumbs: .

This won't change the fact that I can only have a 10 round magazine in Cali, will it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

NOPE................Cali. is a whole different world. That is a State law, similar in NY and NJ as well.

I debated buying some 30's in Utah, but it wasn't worth the felony to me.

I debated buying some 30's in Utah, but it wasn't worth the felony to me.

As I understand it you can buy disassembled mags as a "parts kit" and have them sent to CA and then be ok supposedly. I've never looked top deeply in to it though.

I was in cabelas right before xmas and the gun area was crazy. Definitely could tell there was alot of panic buying,

i was in my local cabelas before christmas too, was gonna pick up another R700, they had a good deal on new ones, but the line was literally 3 hours long. it was crazy

As I understand it you can buy disassembled mags as a "parts kit" and have them sent to CA and then be ok supposedly. I've never looked top deeply in to it though.

Can't do that, it's illegal.Most people/suppliers won't ship them to 10rd states anyway. Some private sellers will but not worth taking a chance of getting in trouble.

Sent from my iPhone4S

using Tapatalk

My Bushmaster is great. Its accurate and never jammed. More than I can say about the Colt GI M16A2's I have fired while in the military. Those were unreliable. Seemed like there was a jam every 5 rounds

Archived