2014+ Gas Mileage (MPG) Topic

I think everyone here is getting way off track here.

The question I asked was.....Did any one else have the same problem,....was getting approx 22 mpg

and then took it in for a recall and NOW get's 14 mpg.

ANYWAY

GM saw the post and is going to look into it deeper.,I will post what they come up with.

(P.S. I brought this to GM's attention before and they blew me off!!!!)

Hello schultzy1957,

I have located your previous case. Have you been to your dealership since you had the recall completed? I would be happy to set this up for you. Just send up a PM if this is something you would like us to help you set up.

Jonathan A.

GM Customer Care

Hello,

I am the proud owner of a brand new 2014 Chevy Silverado! I just brought my truck home for the first time Friday night (6 Nov). when I drove it of the lot my truck had only 3 miles on the odometer. Once filled up with fuel the range indicated that I could drive 200 miles...I chalked it up to being brand new and figured it was because it is the first full gas tank it has ever had. However, I am already down between the Half and quarter tank marks and have driven only 140 miles! What's really going on? Did anybody have this experience with their first tank of gas? Does it get better? I have the 5.3L V8 ECOTEC3 and the 3.08 Ratio. My window sticker says I should get 470 miles on a full tank...does anybody else get this? Thank you everybody in advance! I look forward to your feed back!

Hello,

I am the proud owner of a brand new 2014 Chevy Silverado! I just brought my truck home for the first time Friday night (6 Nov). when I drove it of the lot my truck had only 3 miles on the odometer. Once filled up with fuel the range indicated that I could drive 200 miles...I chalked it up to being brand new and figured it was because it is the first full gas tank it has ever had. However, I am already down between the Half and quarter tank marks and have driven only 140 miles! What's really going on? Did anybody have this experience with their first tank of gas? Does it get better? I have the 5.3L V8 ECOTEC3 and the 3.08 Ratio. My window sticker says I should get 470 miles on a full tank...does anybody else get this? Thank you everybody in advance! I look forward to your feed back!

Gas mileage should increase dramatically by 500-1000 miles. It'll probably continue to increase slightly up until 5,000 miles.
The first few tanks are in no way representative of what you'll be getting after the engine breaks in and the computer has calibrated the engine, transmission, etc.

Wandern, thanks for the reply! I hope you are right. I'll keep folks posted with my experience. Maybe I will start a new thread about it and keep a log for people to track with me. This is the first new vehicle I ever bought!

Hello,

That's pretty bizarre. From day 1 I've been getting 450-500 or more miles per tank, and I'm at 12,000 miles now. Do you spend a lot of time idling or warming up using remote start? Even with nothing but around town I would expect 16x25=400 miles per tank.

Update:

It is now 4:30 PM Monday, My e-mail from GM last week said I would hear from my dealership and that GM would get back to me on Friday.....YES 3 days ago...Guess what ???? That Never Happened. And Neither did a call come from the dealership.

Got an E-mail from GM ( this morning) asking ALL the same questions from a week ago!!!!!!! (Different person)

Any Body have a NAME or a PHONE ext. number for someone at GM who MIGHT REALLY CARE ????

Cause I am thinking they just put it here on this forum to look like they do.

Dealership today told me I have to give it at least 3500 to 5000 miles before I see true gas mileage. They said it's not broke in...

I was told the same thing and now that I'm around 4000 miles I'm seeing better fuel milage. I average about 19 mpg now with a 50/50 city and highway. Can't complain. Mine also came with the update so that might affect it.

• Like 1

Well I fueled up today! 283 miles to the tank. And i was sweating bullets because I thought I wasn't going to make it to the gas station! The truck took 21 gallons. So some quick math tells me I was getting between 14 and 15 miles to the gallon...I think. But what I'm confused about now is why do I have a 21 gallon tank and not 26 gallon tank? My owners manual says it should have 26 gallon tank. It does not even show 21 gallon as an option.

Well I fueled up today! 283 miles to the tank. And i was sweating bullets because I thought I wasn't going to make it to the gas station! The truck took 21 gallons. So some quick math tells me I was getting between 14 and 15 miles to the gallon...I think. But what I'm confused about now is why do I have a 21 gallon tank and not 26 gallon tank? My owners manual says it should have 26 gallon tank. It does not even show 21 gallon as an option.

That kinda sucks. Was your low fuel light on? Mine comes on with about 2-3 gallons left, so my fill ups are always about 24 gallons, 450-500 miles to a tank. I've been getting this mileage from day one.

im averaging 16... no where near the guidlines lol