Front License Plate Filler and Rear Seat Belt Comfort Guides

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No front plates here in NM. My Sierra did not come with a front plate filler.

So it turns out my dealer is getting the part for me, no charge.

This started when I asked Jennifer (GM rep on this forum) if it was supposed to come with my truck. She said it looked like yes it should have, and she called my dealer for me. When I talked to my dealer they said they would take care of the cost. (Dealer pays or GM pays I don't really know.)

The cover package is part of the build sheet for Sierra's going to states where no front plate is required. I think you even pay for it. RPO "R7E" is "Charge for front license plate" and "VK3" is "Front license plate mount" [cover package I assume]. It's in the sticker price I would think.

Anyway I don't think you would even have to get Jennifer involved. If you tell your dealer you are confident the truck was supposed to include it (and if you are sure its not under your back seat) then the dealer might just do it for you. Check your glove box for R7E and VK3 too.

• 2 weeks later...

New to the forum and first of what looks like will be a number of posts. 1 week old 2014 All Terrain and been playing catch up of some of the threads here and thought this would be the first I'd post to. My dealer put one of thier badge plates on the front of my truck before it left the lot last week and it looks like they simply put two license plate screws directly into the plastic. Reading this thread I notices the RPO code VK3 which is listed in my glove box but there is not a plate mounting backet on the front of the truck nor anywhere in the truck. Just wondering if this is the way they mount the front plates to these or if there is in fact a backet that I should have received. My previous 2010 Sierra had a bracket and from the photos I've seen it looks like the 2014 Silverados have a bracket but all the Sierra photos I've seen either have the plate filler or nothing at all. Just seems a bit strange to shoot a couple of screws straight into the plastic rather than make a bracket. If there is a bracket for the Sierra does anyone have the part number? Thanks.

New to the forum and first of what looks like will be a number of posts. 1 week old 2014 All Terrain and been playing catch up of some of the threads here and thought this would be the first I'd post to. My dealer put one of thier badge plates on the front of my truck before it left the lot last week and it looks like they simply put two license plate screws directly into the plastic. Reading this thread I notices the RPO code VK3 which is listed in my glove box but there is not a plate mounting backet on the front of the truck nor anywhere in the truck. Just wondering if this is the way they mount the front plates to these or if there is in fact a backet that I should have received. My previous 2010 Sierra had a bracket and from the photos I've seen it looks like the 2014 Silverados have a bracket but all the Sierra photos I've seen either have the plate filler or nothing at all. Just seems a bit strange to shoot a couple of screws straight into the plastic rather than make a bracket. If there is a bracket for the Sierra does anyone have the part number? Thanks.

They did the same on my truck purchased in Texas.. drove two holes where the top of dealer plate rests. Kind of annoying, because if they had taken a few seconds to look first, they would have noticed the front plate is designed to be held on with only two screws along the bottom of the plate! Luckily the plastic mostly closed up the holes when I removed the screws.

If you look in pic attached, you can see the factory designed plate screw holes circled in red. The pink dots are where they decided to drive screws through my virgin plastic!

post-34923-0-50392200-1387764133_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hmm Looking for my filler piece also. I have both RPO codes so thinking I should have gotten it. Will call them in the morning. Luckily they did not fasten one of their plates to the front and puncture my plastic with screws. Will post back and let you know how it goes with them. Her is a pic of my truck showing the ugly bare area that needs the filler piece!!!

Did not get a filler piece neither!!

Did get two holes drilled into plastic, to mount the dealer tag (Hey no biggie Mr. Dealer, was just my 46K spent)

I get so tired of getting the front dealer tags (Drilled holes), dealer name stuck on my tailgate, crappy wash jobs before taking delivery!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Did not get a filler piece neither!!

Did get two holes drilled into plastic, to mount the dealer tag (Hey no biggie Mr. Dealer, was just my 46K spent)

I get so tired of getting the front dealer tags (Drilled holes), dealer name stuck on my tailgate, crappy wash jobs before taking delivery!!

All I had to deal with was the crappy wash job. I had the "drilling holes in my front bumper" and "dealer nameplate" discussion early in my ordering experience. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here are examples of trucks WITH the GMC license plate filler and WITHOUT. I got these pics from other members's postings of their trucks (hope you guys don't mind - just tryin to help here).

post-106333-139136900611_thumb.jpg

post-106333-139136901611_thumb.jpg

I need a silver/gray one also. Dealer will not give me one and the parts department said $93.25 PLUS TAX!!!!. I saw a couple of online sellers at around 60 bucks plus shipping. If someone has a silver/gray for 50 bucks I will take it. Hard to do anything with them since they have already cashed my check. Now I have another gripe this truck gets water spots worse than any vehicle I have ever owned something had to have been applied over the paint at the dealership. The sticker said they installed a environmental package which may have included some kind of crappy paint sealant? Whatever it is has to come off and a coat of Meguairs Ultimate wax on soon this is ridiculous looks like a spotted leopard.

Archived