Unusuall winter storm for Oklahoma and my 2014 Silverado

mzodarg

I woke up yesterday morning, and we had a Colorado winter mix on the ground.

I had put my Silvy in auto 4wheel when I left the house to go pick up my daughter (who lives about 25 miles north of me). The vehicle performed flawlessly. I was very impress how it handled a very slick situation.

Many vehicles were stuck or had slid into the ditch, I assisted 4 vehicles by pulling them out the ditch.

Just thought I would share

Mike

I believe he has the factory 22's which come with the Bridgestone Dueler A/T's. I've heard many good things about these tires...

Sent from my SCH-I535

You are correct, the duelers performed great!

Good to hear. I have the same wheels & tires and we are supposed to get punched the mouth by old man winter over next 3 days so I'm gonna testing out myself lol

Sent from my SCH-I535

That's exactly how I felt, I had a blast in the snow and ice. I haven't had a 4 wheel drive vehicle since high school (Colorado), had a 42 willys Jeep as my daily driver with a 360 Mopar engine in it. Used to race every weekend in the winter on ST. Mary's Glacier.

Mike

I LOVE Bridgestone Dueller AT's!!! When I was a noobie driver, I put my Mom's car into the ditch (snowy roads), and my Dad's '89 Sierra (w/Dueller AT's) pulled it out NO PROBLEM :) (on the same snowy surface that helped me slide into the ditch). I was impressed!

Assuming my LT will have the Goodyear SRA's on it? (18" all-terrain tires). Kind of disappointed. I may actually look into pulling off the factory tires and putting on Dueller AT's instead ..... but we'll see ..... maybe I'll try the Goodyear's first?? But I do need good tires for our Canadian winters.

I just ordered dedicated winter setup granite alloy black 20"s wrapped in Michelin latitude snow tires 275/55/20

My AT has the Goodyear wranglers, they do well on dry pavement and handle/corner well, but even in cold wet conditions they lose grip easily. Ill probably replace them w/ michelins when the time comes, but now having a separate set of snows they should last a year or 2 longer than normal w/ the winter season off

I LOVE Bridgestone Dueller AT's!!! When I was a noobie driver, I put my Mom's car into the ditch (snowy roads), and my Dad's '89 Sierra (w/Dueller AT's) pulled it out NO PROBLEM :) (on the same snowy surface that helped me slide into the ditch). I was impressed!

Assuming my LT will have the Goodyear SRA's on it? (18" all-terrain tires). Kind of disappointed. I may actually look into pulling off the factory tires and putting on Dueller AT's instead ..... but we'll see ..... maybe I'll try the Goodyear's first?? But I do need good tires for our Canadian winters.

It's generous to call the Goodyear SRA tires All Season, let alone All Terrain. They're miserable in the rain, stink in the snow, and are generally lousy tires.

(I don't actually think they're even classified as AT, for what it's worth; they are all season).

Archived