Issues with parking sensors

Has anyone else had issues with the sensors once the white stuff hit the ground. My sensors are clear of any slush or snow on them or the bumper, but they are constantly going off then the DIC says the sensors have been turned off.

Are they error'ing out due to maybe the signal bouncing off of the snow covered ground? Anyone else have this issue?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine doing the same. All clean clear plugs and wires good. Shop has looked at them once already and will be going back in on Monday. Really like this feature for parking in tight spots especially the front sensors. When I put my truck in reverse the front middle sensors come on and state blocked, temp unavailable. Would be nice to have this feature working proper for I did pay for this option!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everybody,

Sorry to hear that your rear sensors are acting up in the snow. If you are planning on taking it into the dealer and would like our assistance, let us know via PM. Please include your full name, contact information, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealership.

Safe travels,

Jonathan A. (Assisting Jennifer)

GM Customer Care

2 week old Sierra with the same issue. Went for car wash then ran around town for errands. Upon driving home, park assist shut off and wouldn't turn back on until I shut it off and then restarted. Then, the front and rear sensors were going haywire for a half day. Now for some reason, they work normally; yet I didn't actually clean them off any more than the car wash did..... Weird!

This has yet to happen on my new truck, but it would happen on my 2009 and 2012. I would go to the car wash when it was cold outside and on the way home the park assist would shut off.

Give it a little time and it will come back. I think that this is caused by moisture freezing around them or in them even though there is nothing necessarily visible on the outside.

Had the same problem with my "lane assist" or whatever the actual term is. Shut off on me and wouldn't turn back on for a short period of time. Wonder if its a "salt issue". Seems a bit silly if you ask me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Had the same problem with my "lane assist" or whatever the actual term is. Shut off on me and wouldn't turn back on for a short period of time. Wonder if its a "salt issue". Seems a bit silly if you ask me. Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

If you windshield gets dirt around the area where the camera is, it can't detect the lanes. That or the roads are covered in snow.

That's my experience anyway.

Mike