2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

5 minutes ago, UofAZCats said:

Well I am in a much happier place than a few weeks ago.  Just picked up the truck and it looks just how I hoped it would.  Last time I took it in and they installed the Inez 3/5 kit.  Unfortunately the kit was missing the reverse hanger.  This left the ass end at a 7" drop.  The front end was 3.5" lower.  Both were more than I wanted.  While the truck did look great from the side it was lower than I wanted.  It was drivable but without a C-notch the back bottomed out with any real bump and the front tires rubbed with most turns.  I really preferred to be closer to a 2/4.5 drop so i had a good look with all the regular functioning of stock.  The new stance is pretty damn close to that.

Instead of taking off the Inez lower control arms and putting on a drop spindle my installer recommended putting in half of a lift kit to raise it 1.5" for an overall drop of 2" versus stock in front.  It was much cheaper in terms of hardware and installation at this point.  Ivan at Inez was great at addressing the issue with the missing part by quickly having it send to my installer.  That was installed, and after a little trial and error with the different shackles, got the rear just 0.5" above the front.  The rear drop was about 4.5" versus stock.  The install also included 1.5" spacers to all wheels.  The spacers help to reduce rubbing but, almost as important, give it a wider, cooler look.  Lastly I had 1" bump stocks put on the rear, though with the back end sitting higher bottoming out should not be a problem.  Before today standing on the rear bumper and bouncing I was able to bottom out (please hold any fat jokes - thank you) after a few bounces.  Now I can't get it to bottom out and it certainly feels stiffer.

The front tires are aligned but the wheels still sit further back in the wheel well than I ultimately want.  If I understand correctly this is an alignment related issue.  Has anyone else been able to fix this issue short of removing the lowering kit?

Thanks for everyone's input when I initially panicked after the first round. 

IMG_20180808_180100.jpg

IMG_20180808_180040.jpg

Would yo7want to sellthe inez arms? I want a set to try something with but i dont want to give those asshats my money

As I noted I have some rubbing at the back of the wheel well when I turn.  My installer recommended going to a slightly shorter tire and if that doesn't work he would re-shape the inner wheel well sheet metal.  I do need new tires so I will probably go that direction first.  I am not that knowledgeable about tires but have been looking through different tire places online to try to educate myself.  I originally wanted to get wider tires but the spacers gave me the look I wanted.  I am good with matching the width of my 285/45/22 tires.  I have just started researching shorter 285's.  My installer think just going down to 285/40 will solve the rubbing issue.  I haven't been able to quickly find any 285/40 tires that meet the truck load rating.  I have only hit a couple of sites but they carry most of the regular name tires I am familiar with.  Anyone have 285/40/22 tires or even 285/35/22?  I don't really want to go narrower or change out my rims.

2 minutes ago, Nasty said:

Would yo7want to sellthe inez arms? I want a set to try something with but i dont want to give those asshats my money

The Inez arms are still on the truck.  I kept them on.

4 minutes ago, UofAZCats said:

The Inez arms are still on the truck.  I kept them on.

That might be why your wheels is pushed so far back. Lowering arms and lift parts do not go togethet

Well I am in a much happier place than a few weeks ago.  Just picked up the truck and it looks just how I hoped it would.  Last time I took it in and they installed the Inez 3/5 kit.  Unfortunately the kit was missing the reverse hanger.  This left the ass end at a 7" drop.  The front end was 3.5" lower.  Both were more than I wanted.  While the truck did look great from the side it was lower than I wanted.  It was drivable but without a C-notch the back bottomed out with any real bump and the front tires rubbed with most turns.  I really preferred to be closer to a 2/4.5 drop so i had a good look with all the regular functioning of stock.  The new stance is pretty damn close to that.

Instead of taking off the Inez lower control arms and putting on a drop spindle my installer recommended putting in half of a lift kit to raise it 1.5" for an overall drop of 2" versus stock in front.  It was much cheaper in terms of hardware and installation at this point.  Ivan at Inez was great at addressing the issue with the missing part by quickly having it send to my installer.  That was installed, and after a little trial and error with the different shackles, got the rear just 0.5" above the front.  The rear drop was about 4.5" versus stock.  The install also included 1.5" spacers to all wheels.  The spacers help to reduce rubbing but, almost as important, give it a wider, cooler look.  Lastly I had 1" bump stocks put on the rear, though with the back end sitting higher bottoming out should not be a problem.  Before today standing on the rear bumper and bouncing I was able to bottom out (please hold any fat jokes - thank you) after a few bounces.  Now I can't get it to bottom out and it certainly feels stiffer.

The front tires are aligned but the wheels still sit further back in the wheel well than I ultimately want.  If I understand correctly this is an alignment related issue.  Has anyone else been able to fix this issue short of removing the lowering kit?

Thanks for everyone's input when I initially panicked after the first round. 
IMG_20180808_180100.thumb.jpg.e0e798436319bbdb548c7c875784f8b5.jpg
IMG_20180808_180040.thumb.jpg.5645de59d41b7d98118440459de0f740.jpg
Truck looks good. You don't think the rubbing is caused my the front tire being pushed back so much??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, SirenRed16 said:

Truck looks good. You don't think the rubbing is caused my the front tire being pushed back so much??

100% the upper arm is angles back   so any downtravel is pushing the tire back and it already looks like its touching

Not trying to talk down on the guy who "fixed" that but for refering lift parts with those arms is a high school move.iwould not take any vehicle there ever again

31 minutes ago, Nasty said:

That might be why your wheels is pushed so far back. Lowering arms and lift parts do not go togethet

If you look at the picture I posted after the original install of just the lower control arm my front wheel was farther back than it is now. 

25 minutes ago, SirenRed16 said:

The rubbing is definitely affected by the wheel being back but the picture makes it look worse than it is in person.  It is improved from original which was pretty damn bad (see below) despite what the above picture seems to indicate.

The alignment was done by another company and they had difficulty then getting it aligned.  One of the things they mentioned they apparently had to do to get it aligned that first time was to trim the tie rod to get it to work.  When I asked Inez why it sat so far back versus most other trucks that had their kit they said the wheel placement was an alignment issue.  Tire Kingdom did the alignment and they are a pretty decent company in my other experiences with them, though this was done bat a different shop than I usually deal with.

IMG_4608.jpg

Just now, UofAZCats said:

My tape measure disagrees with your eyes.

I would get stock arms. the balljoints in those arms are set for a certsin angle. Youve now changed the angle as well

Tell me this..

Will a 2015 with a 2.5"" front level, ride better or worse than a stock front end with a 2" drop shackle rear?

Currently have my truck leveled, but wondering if dropping it back to stock and throwing on a 2" drop shackle rear will be a better ride for me.

Current set up:

znNfVNK.jpg
"

7 minutes ago, jegreenwood14 said:

Tell me this..

Will a 2015 with a 2.5"" front level, ride better or worse than a stock front end with a 2" drop shackle rear?

Currently have my truck leveled, but wondering if dropping it back to stock and throwing on a 2" drop shackle rear will be a better ride for me.

Current set up:

znNfVNK.jpg
"

Front woiuld be mostlikely stiffer withthe front leveling kit

10 minutes ago, Nasty said:

Front woiuld be mostlikely stiffer withthe front leveling kit

Yea, I realize that.  I was more curious to if the drop shackle makes the rear ride harsher than what would be considered a harsher ride front end w/leveling kit.

Like, would you rather have the stock front with the drop shackle for ride comfort, or the leveled front end with stock back (which I assume stock rear rides better than dropped rear)?

Yea, I realize that.  I was more curious to if the drop shackle makes the rear ride harsher than what would be considered a harsher ride front end w/leveling kit.

Like, would you rather have the stock front with the drop shackle for ride comfort, or the leveled front end with stock back (which I assume stock rear rides better than dropped rear)?
It depends, do you use your truck to go off roading any? If you do then stick with the level up front. If you do no off roading then I say drop the back, the level up front is adding more stress to components even though many say it doesn't. I don't see what components have added stress with the shackles.