2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

How i would do it is put 2 rings in front bringing it up to 3" drop.  And then drop the ass end 1 more inch making it a 3/5 drop but thats just me

Copy that! Man I really appreciate the help and quick replies! You don’t see that much these days. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Breedsrt said:

Copy that! Man I really appreciate the help and quick replies! You don’t see that much these days. Thank you!

Ive messed with my suspension so many times i can do it in my sleep.  Im currently at a 4.5/7   soon to be 5/8.  

I went from 3/6 to what i am now. You wont like 2/4.  Just go straight to a 3/5. And your stock tires willstill be fine

1 hour ago, Nasty said:

Ive messed with my suspension so many times i can do it in my sleep.  Im currently at a 4.5/7   soon to be 5/8.  

I went from 3/6 to what i am now. You wont like 2/4.  Just go straight to a 3/5. And your stock tires willstill be fine

I have the same truck and color!

Nasty, what is not good about the 2/4?

Not that I was thinking of that combo...I wanted to go as you mentioned 3/5, but didn't want to flip the axle and make cuts.

So, I'm on the fence and thinking of just removing the rear blocks and 2" shackle, but I would think my ass would be too low and front at stock height?

Also, does lowering the truck help diminish roll during turns or is there a stiffer sway bar and springs that need to be changed out?

I don't mind a stiff suspension as long as it does what it's supposed to do and there's no hacking/welding on the frame.

Just now, RDKILL said:

I have the same truck and color!

Nasty, what is not good about the 2/4?

Not that I was thinking of that combo...I wanted to go as you mentioned 3/5, but didn't want to flip the axle and make cuts.

So, I'm on the fence and thinking of just removing the rear blocks and 2" shackle, but I would think my ass would be too low and front at stock height?

Also, does lowering the truck help diminish roll during turns or is there a stiffer sway bar and springs that need to be changed out?

I don't mind a stiff suspension as long as it does what it's supposed to do and there's no hacking/welding on the frame.

2/4 on these trucks doesnt even look like its been lowered.  The only cut you make is the bump stop mounts.  Which is nothing

My truck actually rides better then it did stock

2 minutes ago, Nasty said:

2/4 on these trucks doesnt even look like its been lowered.  The only cut you make is the bump stop mounts.  Which is nothing

My truck actually rides better then it did stock

If I cut the bump stops, will that mean I can't go back to stock later?

13 minutes ago, RDKILL said:

If I cut the bump stops, will that mean I can't go back to stock later?

Cut them off straight like i did. So they can be welded back on   i qont have to worry aboyt that because im getting a notch

3 hours ago, Nasty said:
4 hours ago, Breedsrt said:

de039acb8da39329c209bedda2480c2a.jpg

That looks great!!!  

Yeah, you dropped it 4'' in the front with the springs and shocks.   I wish mine looked that low in the front with my 4'' drop.  

Edited by qwank

Looking at 2 different kits...2/4 & 3/5 from 2 different manufacturers.

I know there's a lot of people using the BellTech 2/4, but does anyone have experience with MaxTrac 3/5.

Belltech lowers the front with struts, where MaxTrac lowers the front with spindles and springs.

My thought is with Belltech the use of struts only and keeping the OEM spindles may have less chances of bad handling characteristics/fit issues, should the spindles be slightly off one way or another.

However, I'm not sure if this has happened or how good their kits are quality wise..hence any experience with MaxTrac spindles and springs?

Another question, how much carrying capacity is lost when the rear is lowered without using bags?

29 minutes ago, RDKILL said:

Looking at 2 different kits...2/4 & 3/5 from 2 different manufacturers.

I know there's a lot of people using the BellTech 2/4, but does anyone have experience with MaxTrac 3/5.

Belltech lowers the front with struts, where MaxTrac lowers the front with spindles and springs.

My thought is with Belltech the use of struts only and keeping the OEM spindles may have less chances of bad handling characteristics/fit issues, should the spindles be slightly off one way or another.

However, I'm not sure if this has happened or how good their kits are quality wise..hence any experience with MaxTrac spindles and springs?

Another question, how much carrying capacity is lost when the rear is lowered without using bags?

Always use spindles if you can

9 minutes ago, Nasty said:

Always use spindles if you can

Can you elaborate on why you feel this way, and have you used MaxTrac before or know of anyone that has?

1 minute ago, RDKILL said:

Are you using these on your truck?

If so, do you know the kit number?

Yes, I am using these on my truck. You have a 2016 so the part numbers are different depending on which control arm style you have. I used part number 2514 which fits stamped steel and aluminum control arms.  

6 minutes ago, RDKILL said:

Can you elaborate on why you feel this way, and have you used MaxTrac before or know of anyone that has?

When you lower 07-18 silverados with struts pr spring. The lower you go, the farther back the front wheel goes back into the wheel well. Which causes mkre rubbing and looks horrible.   Spindles wont affect that

• Like 1

1 minute ago, qwank said:

Yes, I am using these on my truck. You have a 2016 so the part numbers are different depending on which control arm style you have. I used part number 2514 which fits stamped steel and aluminum control arms.  

Yes, I just checked the sight, and I have cast control arms. My truck is an early 2016, and the kits say aluminum.

I'll reach out the to sales person I talked to earlier to see if they have spindles for cast CA...Thanks!

• Like 1