2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

how do you like it?

It’s fine. I liked the fact that I didn’t have to make any modifications that couldn’t be reversed, so the bolt on aspect appealed to me. But the instructions were lacking and having lived with it for awhile, I don’t care for the design. There is a bar that goes between the axle and the leaf springs where the bag mounts. It causes some squeaking as the suspension cycles (and the bar runs the leaf spring pack). Also, since I wasn’t a full 6” drop, I also had to purchase a 2” spacer to work (since I’ve got the flip kit with the lift shackles for a ~ 5” drop).

The kit works, as I pull a 6000# travel trailer with my lowered truck. But I think the Air Lift design would be a little better. Not enough to take it off and switch, but if I had it to do over again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NoLand said:

It’s fine. I liked the fact that I didn’t have to make any modifications that couldn’t be reversed, so the bolt on aspect appealed to me. But the instructions were lacking and having lived with it for awhile, I don’t care for the design. There is a bar that goes between the axle and the leaf springs where the bag mounts. It causes some squeaking as the suspension cycles (and the bar runs the leaf spring pack). Also, since I wasn’t a full 6” drop, I also had to purchase a 2” spacer to work (since I’ve got the flip kit with the lift shackles for a ~ 5” drop).

The kit works, as I pull a 6000# travel trailer with my lowered truck. But I think the Air Lift design would be a little better. Not enough to take it off and switch, but if I had it to do over again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put some rubber in between. 

1 hour ago, SirenRed16 said:

Alright guys I need some help deciding between Belltech or Mcgaughys. Parts numbers are 989sp for Belltech and 34270 for Mcgaughys. Which one and why?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I dont like either for a regular cab.   What drop are you going?

I dont like either for a regular cab.   What drop are you going?
What would you recommend? I'm not sure if I want 3/6 4/6 4/7 that's why I was leaning towards a adjustable kit. I have stamped steel control arms.

1 minute ago, SirenRed16 said:

What would you recommend? I'm not sure if I want 3/6 4/6 4/7 that's why I was leaning towards a adjustable kit. I have stamped steel control arms.

Id go 4/6.  I have some shocks for you if you want. Only reason i took them off was becsuse igot a good deal on some qa1 adjustables

Id go 4/6.  I have some shocks for you if you want. Only reason i took them off was becsuse igot a good deal on some qa1 adjustables
What kit do you recommend? I see some kits come with shocks, should I buy those or a kit without shocks and buy different shocks? This is a lot harder than I expected lol

1 minute ago, SirenRed16 said:

What kit do you recommend? I see some kits come with shocks, should I buy those or a kit without shocks and buy different shocks? This is a lot harder than I expected lol

Id buy a kit without shocks and get your own.   Its easy.  You are just making it hard

Good afternoon all, new to the forum. Just bought a 17 sierra double cab with the belltech 4/7. I have searched for this issue but have yet to find an answer on it. les schwabs is the company who lowered it prior to me purchasing the truck.  They only did 6" in the rear. So (added the 1" shackle I believe) anyways. They say if I go the full 7" I will sag in the rear. Yet when I measured,  it measures 1" taller in the rear than the front. So sat I'm taking it back to have them take the 1" shackle out (or at least that what I think they have to do) but has anyone else noticed a sag in the rear with the full 4/7 apposed to the 4/6? Thank you in advance. I have not seen a single picture with the 4/7 that looks like its sagging. Thank you for your help. Sorry if this has been covered.

1 hour ago, 17gmclowlow said:

Good afternoon all, new to the forum. Just bought a 17 sierra double cab with the belltech 4/7. I have searched for this issue but have yet to find an answer on it. les schwabs is the company who lowered it prior to me purchasing the truck.  They only did 6" in the rear. So (added the 1" shackle I believe) anyways. They say if I go the full 7" I will sag in the rear. Yet when I measured,  it measures 1" taller in the rear than the front. So sat I'm taking it back to have them take the 1" shackle out (or at least that what I think they have to do) but has anyone else noticed a sag in the rear with the full 4/7 apposed to the 4/6? Thank you in advance. I have not seen a single picture with the 4/7 that looks like its sagging. Thank you for your help. Sorry if this has been covered.

Double cab and crecrew cab need a notch tbey sit lower.  

10 hours ago, Nasty said:

Double cab and crecrew cab need a notch tbey sit lower.  

Although I appreciate your help. I did not ask about the notch. I am simply wondering if the 4/7 sits level or safe in the rear.   As for the notch. I have seen many that do not notch w the 4/7.  But its tight.

2 hours ago, 17gmclowlow said:

Although I appreciate your help. I did not ask about the notch. I am simply wondering if the 4/7 sits level or safe in the rear.   As for the notch. I have seen many that do not notch w the 4/7.  But its tight.

It will sit level but it wont appear level.  The rear fender on k2 trucks sits lower.   A 4/6 on dc and cc should appear level